• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I'm thinking of starting a campaign to get Sweet Caroline made the club's anthem.

In the past I've always said we should choose Daydream Believer because it meets my criteria:

• We should choose a song that is old so that it has already gone passed the naff phase a modern song would have to go through.
  • An older song gives the impression that it has been used for years!
  • A song like that is one that nearly everyone will join in with.

However, Sweet Caroline also fits those criteria. The big difference is that the players were singing it in the changing rooms at Wembley after the game so it obviously means something to the squad already, which is a bonus. It's also a cracking song!

Thoughts everyone?

Can I make a suggestion? If you agree click like on the first post, and I'll print it off and send it on to SK. (That's assuming enough people agree!)

(If you think that's just a cheap way for me to gain Fasto points, then feel free to "red" me at the same time!)

Can I make a suggestion? If you agree click like on the first post, and I'll print it off and send it on to SK. (That's assuming enough people agree!)

(If you think that's just a cheap way for me to gain Fasto points, then feel free to "red" me at the same time!)
Erm...you're not gaining Fasto points with "like" clicks! :winking:

Ah just realised this is the Neil Diamond song. I was thinking of Caroline by Status Quo.
Still never mind my vote/like still stands.:dim:

Now where's my air guitar

Glory hunter!!

I understand that Reading fans sing Sweet Caroline, but no worries - we won't be playing them for a while.

I'm thinking of starting a campaign to get Sweet Caroline made the club's anthem.

In the past I've always said we should choose Daydream Believer because it meets my criteria:

• We should choose a song that is old so that it has already gone passed the naff phase a modern song would have to go through.
  • An older song gives the impression that it has been used for years!
  • A song like that is one that nearly everyone will join in with.

However, Sweet Caroline also fits those criteria. The big difference is that the players were singing it in the changing rooms at Wembley after the game so it obviously means something to the squad already, which is a bonus. It's also a cracking song!

Thoughts everyone?

Do we know why they were singing it ? Thats the important bit , For me it has to mean something and without knowing why they choose it is is just a random song with a few lyrics that can be 'interpreted' to mean something.

I don't understand the logic for voting for a club anthem without understanding the reasons why. Dozens (hundreds) of songs meet your criteria

Do we know why they were singing it ? Thats the important bit , For me it has to mean something and without knowing why they choose it is is just a random song with a few lyrics that can be 'interpreted' to mean something.

I don't understand the logic for voting for a club anthem without understanding the reasons why. Dozens (hundreds) of songs meet your criteria

A random love song by an ageing American with no connection with football let alone Southend ? Why ... because everyone knows the words (or at least two of them) ?

A random love song by an ageing American with no connection with football let alone Southend ? Why ... because everyone knows the words (or at least two of them) ?

Why do Man City use Blue Moon? It has nothing to do with Football either. Sweet Caroline happens to be a good tune, and one the players obviously enjoy. To me the reason they enjoy it doesn't matter.

However, if you don't think it's a good idea, then don't click like!

Back