• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GIBBO

Coach
Evening chaps! Me and the lads are going do they still run the away coach?? Also any good pubs to drink in? Thanks

I booked the first one thanks for the info! Can u drink beer on the coaches? How long does it take to get there?

Will not be paying £19 for an oap ticket to watch 2nd division football, absolutely disgraceful prices.

Thanks for the info read the terms sorry wasn't sure as it was 13 years ago I last got the coach! It's 15 rubs? How much for the ticket itself?

The best pub close to Swindon's County Ground is the Merlin. Very friendly atmosphere of both home and away fans. They serve an array of lagers, ales, ciders, spirits etc, and also the food is pretty good if you're feeling a tad hungry prior to kick off! After having a few drinks though, just be careful of the Magic Roundabout they have there...thats a maze for even the home fans!

Hello all, sorry to barge in on your forum!! I was just havin a quick peek when I saw this post and thought I would help out.

Best pub for away support is the Merlin on Drove Road, It's a very short walk to the ground and it always caters for away supporters on match day. You can have a look on their web site (Merlin, Swindon) and you will see they mention the away supporters on their write up. Best of all the police know the away support are there and they ensure there our no problems on route to the ground, I suggest you stay away from the pubs in the town centre because even though we rarely have any trouble these days we still have a few idiots who have had one too many in the town before kick off!!! If you're coming by car I suggest coming early and getting into one of the school / college car parks close by, they usually only charge a fiver and there are people there keeping an eye on the vehicles!!! Don't try parking in the local Tesco Supermarket car park though!!!...they have got wise and take action against anyone trying this on (as per their warning signs)!!! apart from that if you get there early there is loads of parking spaces on the roads in Old Walcot (Just off Queens Drive, again I would suggest having a look round to find the best places!!!). Hope you all have a good safe journey both here and back but hopefully you will leave empty handed!!! :winking: take care all and lets hope for a good entertaining game!!!! If you are using Sat Nav the Merlin's post code according to their web site is SN1 3AF. COYR's

Oh....and totally agree on the ticket prices....we have complained and they are going to pick certain matches where they drop the price, unfortuantly the match against you isn't one of them...I think Barnet is the first one they are doing this with.....made getting a season ticket all the more attractive...just £299 for the best seats.....still it is disgusting for walk up supporters though!!!

I recall a Swindon match where pretty much the only chant from the Southend faithful was 'twenty three quid, you're having a laugh' over and over. We won 1-2 but still everyone was just p~ssed off at the cost.

Hello all, sorry to barge in on your forum!! I was just havin a quick peek when I saw this post and thought I would help out.

Best pub for away support is the Merlin on Drove Road, It's a very short walk to the ground and it always caters for away supporters on match day. You can have a look on their web site (Merlin, Swindon) and you will see they mention the away supporters on their write up. Best of all the police know the away support are there and they ensure there our no problems on route to the ground, I suggest you stay away from the pubs in the town centre because even though we rarely have any trouble these days we still have a few idiots who have had one too many in the town before kick off!!! If you're coming by car I suggest coming early and getting into one of the school / college car parks close by, they usually only charge a fiver and there are people there keeping an eye on the vehicles!!! Don't try parking in the local Tesco Supermarket car park though!!!...they have got wise and take action against anyone trying this on (as per their warning signs)!!! apart from that if you get there early there is loads of parking spaces on the roads in Old Walcot (Just off Queens Drive, again I would suggest having a look round to find the best places!!!). Hope you all have a good safe journey both here and back but hopefully you will leave empty handed!!! :winking: take care all and lets hope for a good entertaining game!!!! If you are using Sat Nav the Merlin's post code according to their web site is SN1 3AF. COYR's

Magic, Thanks mate

Wizzard post

Oh....and totally agree on the ticket prices....we have complained and they are going to pick certain matches where they drop the price, unfortuantly the match against you isn't one of them...I think Barnet is the first one they are doing this with.....made getting a season ticket all the more attractive...just £299 for the best seats.....still it is disgusting for walk up supporters though!!!

If they halve the ticket prices for Barnet it still won't cost them more than £1000 judging by how many they take away.:thanks:

Back