• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Interesting (well, slightly) referee appointment for our visit to the Paolo di Canio circus on Saturday. Man in charge, Dean Mohareb from Stockport, is in his first season as a League referee. The former primary schoolteacher has moved swiftly through the refereeing ranks and he won't have been held back by the fact that he works for the FA as a National Referees Manager. He has travelled the world with the FA, giving workshops to Columbian referees on the subject of "delivering excellence"; I can think of some nearer to home who might benefit.

Anyway back to his refereeing. He has refereed 4 League matches, all in League Two and shown 10 yellow cards (no worse than average). There have been just the 4 goals in his matches and he has yet to preside over an away win. He also still awaits his debut red card although the way Swindon have been carrying on this season, it may not be too far away.

His assistants for this over-priced match are William Bull from Winchester and Adrian Tranter from Poole with Kevin Johnson from Weston-super-Mare carrying out 4th official duties.

Can't help thinking there'll be a red tomorrow, remember the one given there to JFC, what a joke that one was!

Was thinking the other day, there's been a lot of red cards in our games so far this season. Off the top of my head, we've seen one in each of Hereford home, Orient home, Accrington away, Crawley at home, Northampton home. That's 5 out of 8 games.

Are refs getting braver or footballers getting more stupid?

Was thinking the other day, there's been a lot of red cards in our games so far this season. Off the top of my head, we've seen one in each of Hereford home, Orient home, Accrington away, Crawley at home, Northampton home. That's 5 out of 8 games.

Are refs getting braver or footballers getting more stupid?

I think they are getting pettier if I'm honest and perhaps being forced to follow the letter of the law more strictly than in previous seasons. Oh for some common sense to be used in their decision making.

I think they are getting pettier if I'm honest and perhaps being forced to follow the letter of the law more strictly than in previous seasons. Oh for some common sense to be used in their decision making.

There are no new directives. I don't think numbers are up across the board, just in our games !

Back