• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swindon in danger

Their new owner, Clem Morfuni an aussie has been approved by the efl today. Giving them 3 weeks to get management and a team in, Steve Milldenhall, the goal keeper coach, is currently taking care of 1st team affairs. They don't run a U23s, so the first team is largely made up of U18s, and they have just had a C19 outbreak within the U18 squad.
They are currently under an embargo as well. Clem had to pay previous owner Lee Power £200k for the club, and I guess the £13m debt they are in. Apparently there are a number of debentures from Power and previous owners to settle as well.
They have not even set the season ticket prices for this season or decided what to do about last season's. Despite all this the fans are over the moon and are planning to take 2,500 to Scunthorpe for the first game of the season.
I started following the Swindon Advertiser when Phil Brown went there, basically to see if he peddled the same patter. He did. I have carried on reading the stories since, as the fan posts on them are often hilarious. Btw Grant was on the bench for them tonight at Swindon Marine, and the new chairman apparently turned up in a lambo!

@RobQ I can only guess Granty is on a good contract and has a year or so left, he will stick around and do as he did for us under PS.
Swindon's have certainly be on a roller coaster for the last 20 years.
Could they be the first ex Prem club to fall to NL?

Yeah I think Grant has another year to run, but had a few injuries last season, so I think the Swindon fans are happy at his return to fitness. Jack Payne has also reported back for pre-season training, although he is expected to look for a move to a L1 club. They have certainly been through it recently. Rumour has it that Power was pocketing all proceeds from outgoing transfers, and then loaning that money back to the club! Just hope he doesn't come sniffing should Uncle Ron call it a day.

Wind up Swindon and get us back in the League where we belong. I don't care about any team other than Southend.

I would have thought that back in early May......Now I am rather looking forward to sweeping all aside during our historic return to the EFL.....Not even a seagull form Torquay will be able to winge that we don't deserve the title and I want Hollywood big shots counting the cost of their folly

Their new owner, Clem Morfuni an aussie has been approved by the efl today. Giving them 3 weeks to get management and a team in, Steve Milldenhall, the goal keeper coach, is currently taking care of 1st team affairs. They don't run a U23s, so the first team is largely made up of U18s, and they have just had a C19 outbreak within the U18 squad.
They are currently under an embargo as well. Clem had to pay previous owner Lee Power £200k for the club, and I guess the £13m debt they are in. Apparently there are a number of debentures from Power and previous owners to settle as well.
They have not even set the season ticket prices for this season or decided what to do about last season's. Despite all this the fans are over the moon and are planning to take 2,500 to Scunthorpe for the first game of the season.
I started following the Swindon Advertiser when Phil Brown went there, basically to see if he peddled the same patter. He did. I have carried on reading the stories since, as the fan posts on them are often hilarious. Btw Grant was on the bench for them tonight at Swindon Marine, and the new chairman apparently turned up in a lambo!

A bit more on this here:

I'm pleased for the Trust there, they have worked hard to keep their club's plight in the news and to keep the EFL honest (good luck with that).

They still have it all to do, of course. Pre-season has been a bit of a non-event really.

I'm pleased for the Trust there, they have worked hard to keep their club's plight in the news and to keep the EFL honest (good luck with that).

They still have it all to do, of course. Pre-season has been a bit of a non-event really.
Their biggest fixture in pre-season was Swansea at home, but this has been cancelled possibly due to no safety certificate for the County ground yet. That leaves Barnet as the highest ranked team they will face.
Morfuni has immediately appointed Ben Chorley as DoF, and ex Bristol Rovers manager Ben Garner as Head Coach. Plus an ex-Trust Chairman as CEO. Morfuni is also aiming for a 50/50 shared ownership of the County Ground with the fans.
It will be really interesting to see how they start the season. They won L2 in the season cut short by C19, but that was built on the back of goals from loan players, who then moved on the following season.

Went to Swindon once with 3 mates ,we bought a car for 100pounds between us and took off for two weeks . Chatted up somes girls there took them to the flicks ,when we came out found we had a fine stuck on our windscreen for parking without lights , cost us 2 quid lol

That was back in the early 60s, girls were okay though we stayed at one of their houses overnight

Looked up Mr Morfuni on Companies House, various ‘Axis’ named companies with him as sole director, none worth a light with each supposedly owing the others large sums….hmm, sounds familiar. Good to know the EFL diligence checks are as watertight as ever…

I certainly did not.

That sounds rather like a matter of opinion to me.Yours is that you didn't.Mine (and presumably others) is you did. :Winking:

(If you want to share a memory of Swindon I remember going there as a teenager for our great 2-0 FA Cup win against Don Rodgers et al in 1967/8 IIRC).

Last edited:
Like many kids I used to collect the Premier League sticker books, from about 1996. That's when football started to interest me, I never completed a book though. A few years after I stopped trying I was in a charity shop with my Nan and there's a 1993-94 sticker book, complete. I flick through and there is Swindon Town. I never would've guessed they were a Premier League team. I remember looking at their old badge thinking they're the odd ones out here. I bought, or should I say my Nan bought that book for 50p.

I don't know why I still remember that all these years later. Swindon's old badge was naffer than the rest but today there's something I really like about it is.

I'm glad they're 'okay'.

Back