• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swindon opinion of Gray

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
"Absolute s**t mate, sorry.

Can't think of anything noteworthy he did while he was with us. Think he just ran around up front for 90 minutes pretending to be a striker"

An Orient fan on shrimpers.net also said he was useless.
sad.gif
Lets hope he proves us wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ June 03 2004,09:44)]"Absolute s**t mate, sorry.

Can't think of anything noteworthy he did while he was with us. Think he just ran around up front for 90 minutes pretending to be a striker"

sad.gif
I think you have to take a lot of fans comments with a pinch of salt!

A striker is only as good as the service he is provided with so because he didn't score many goals or create chances then he may not be solely to blame!

Given our midfield and striking support I think he will do well!

Yes, OS I said THINK, which is my opinion only!

Also remember that a QPR's fan's opinion of Drewe is going to be much higher than many of our own fans.

Players will play well in a particular team. Ian Rush is a classic case in point... one of the greatest in the world for Liverpool, hardly scored a goal anywhere else. As said before, it's all about the blend... if we play to Grays strengths then he will deliver. If we don't, he'll appear to be rubbish. If we had Michael Owen and kept putting high balls into the box he wouldn't look very good, would he?

And he's quick...

At the end of the day Tilly and Brush haven't made a bad signing yet and if he is as quick as everyone is making out he could link up very well Lawrie!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 03 2004,09:56)]Also remember that a QPR's fan's opinion of Drewe is going to be much higher than many of our own fans.

Players will play well in a particular team.  Ian Rush is a classic case in point... one of the greatest in the world for Liverpool, hardly scored a goal anywhere else.  As said before, it's all about the blend... if we play to Grays strengths then he will deliver.  If we don't, he'll appear to be rubbish.  If we had Michael Owen and kept putting high balls into the box he wouldn't look very good, would he?

And he's quick...
I remember Ian Rush almost single handedly tearing us apart whilst playing for Chester City!

Obviously prior to his Liverpool days!

Exactly the point I was trying to put across fbm.

Get a few of Drewe's knock downs and lay-offs and this will be ideal for Gray's style of play.

I cannot believe how negative some people are on this board!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 03 2004,10:56)]Players will play well in a particular team. Ian Rush is a classic case in point...
We just saw the back of a striker who proves that point as well.

I'm happy to keep the faith with Tilly and Brush and let Gray prove himself. That's what every player deserves.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ June 03 2004,10:00)]I cannot believe how negative some people are on this board!
Tell us about it... there's even some bloke on here whose user-name suggests that all he can do is bring us bad news!

ghostface.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 03 2004,10:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ June 03 2004,10:00)]I cannot believe how negative some people are on this board!
No they're not.
Well they're argumentative then.

(Go on...)

Wayne Gray played for Swindon four years ago though when he would have been in his teens.

The only fact we need to remember is that he put together a run of goals in the first division for the worst team in the league. Also remember that he is stepping down two levels.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 03 2004,10:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 03 2004,10:10)]
[b said:
No they're not.
Well they're argumentative then.

(Go on...)
Agreed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 03 2004,10:13)]Tell us about it... there's even some bloke on here whose user-name suggests that all he can do is bring us bad news!

ghostface.gif

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ June 03 2004,10:15)]Wayne Gray played for Swindon four years ago though when he would have been in his teens.

The only fact we need to remember is that he put together a run of goals in the first division for the worst team in the league. Also remember that he is stepping down two levels.
...when they clearly weren't the worst side in the league on form.

My verdict: unknown quantity. But, I am a fan of very quick players cos they unnerve defences. If he can cause problems that create chances, I'm confident Lawrie will stick em away.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ June 03 2004,11:38)]My verdict:  unknown quantity. But, I am a fan of very quick players cos they unnerve defences.  If he can cause problems that create chances, I'm confident Lawrie will stick em away.
And vice versa too!

IMHO, He should be able to tuck away chances himself.

Im slightly worried however we shall see. its a fresh start for the lad. Lets wait and see before we past judgement.

yeah lets say we are 'worried' before we pass judgement.

Wasn't we concerned when an unknown striker played for us aginst Notts County (I think ) who proved to be a god ................................... Sir Stan Collymore.

Give the lad achance to unleash his talent on this poor division.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bigdel @ June 03 2004,12:02)]Wasn't we concerned when an unknown striker played for us aginst Notts County (I think ) who proved to be a god ................................... Sir Stan Collymore.
Indeed. I thought he'd be another Richard Young!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ June 03 2004,09:44)]"Absolute s**t mate, sorry.

sad.gif
I wouldn't take any notice of those on Rivals, all they seem to like doing is keep bickering.

Try these, mixed reaction, but some good signs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ June 03 2004,09:44)]An Orient fan on shrimpers.net also said he was useless.  
According to Soccerbase he scored 5 goals in 13 league starts for Orient.... hardly cr*p is it??? I'd take that average
smile.gif

Back