• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swindon swindle - Are you going?

• Going, not bothered re price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Going and reluctantly paying £23 rip off

• Not going because of absorbitant prices

• Going but trying to blag student ticket

• Total voters
I e mailed the Football League to complain and they responded thus:

We are in receipt of the copy of your communication addressed to Swindon Town, the content of which has been noted.

Football clubs are all private limited companies in their own right. They are responsible for balancing their books and are entitled to determine their own admission prices, although it is of course up to you whether or not you attend. However we would advise that as Swindon Town charge home supporters the same price as away supporters for comparable accommodation theire policy complies with League regulations.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

So basically 'tough sh*t', Swindon fans also have to pay £23 so it's alright.

I'm still going though...

None of the above Ed...going because I'm at work. But doubt I'd have gone at those prices anyway, especially with the cricket on the box!

As much as I like cricket, football will always come first. I'll be there! (on a student ticket of course!
biggrin.gif
)

Oh, and about that email - isn't the away end at Swindon uncovered? If so that's hardly 'comparable accomodation'

I'm not going. The travel expenses are rather high for me (even though I am a Trust member)... and the 23 quid just tips it over the edge.

wink.gif

But the away end is for overflow once the seating in the Stand on the side has been filled.

Basically Swindon have a glut of spare capacity, They have the "away end" and a chunk of one stand not being filled regularly so they force away support into the spare bit of the stand, charge them Stand prices and leave one end completely free.
Economic sense to the club rough deal foe away support (unless there are thousands travelling and then the end gets opened up

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Sep. 07 2005,11:15)]However we would advise that as Swindon Town charge home supporters the same price as away supporters for comparable accommodation theire policy complies with League regulations.

I thought someone said Swindon home end was £15...?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Sep. 07 2005,13:06)]But the away end is for overflow once the seating in the Stand on the side has been filled.

Basically Swindon have a glut of spare capacity, They have the "away end" and a chunk of one stand not being filled regularly so they force away support into the spare bit of the stand, charge them Stand prices and leave one end completely free.
Economic sense to the club rough deal foe away support (unless there are thousands travelling and then the end gets opened up
Which also means that away supporters buying early are penalised for doing so.

Just doesn't make sense, does it?

Still, the fact remains that they are charging way to much for div. 3 matches.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Sep. 07 2005,12:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Sep. 07 2005,11:15)]However we would advise that as Swindon Town charge home supporters the same price as away supporters for comparable accommodation theire policy complies with League regulations.

Initially I was under the impression it was only £15 for home fans.

But it turns out in fact they have to pay £23 to watch p*ss poor football week in, week out, poor sods.

Im not going because my flight out to Gran Canaria is at 4.45pm on Saturday! woo hoo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Sep. 07 2005,12:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Sep. 07 2005,12:09)]
[b said:

Initially I was under the impression it was only £15 for home fans.

But it turns out in fact they have to pay £23 to watch p*ss poor football week in, week out, poor sods.
... unless they chose to pay £15 or £21 !!

Assuming you meant exorbitant  
biggrin.gif
, i'm not going because of the price. As I said before sometimes you have to make a stand.

Well Mrs FS and I were thinking of a 5 day break in the cotswolds for our Wedding Anniversary, whilst taking the Swindon game in on the saturday.
23 quid per ticket (on top of the prices of places in the Cotswolds ) was the final straw so its York instead this weekend

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ Sep. 07 2005,14:41)]D'oh!!

Believe it or not, I am a writer by trade...!!
I don't believe it

tounge.gif

I will be there, cheering the boys on, with a student ticket!
wink.gif

Nope, not going. Wasn't going to go anyway before I knew about the price, but its scandalous.23 f%&king £ to watch Swindon Vs Southend, your having a giraffe.

£23 is financial rape, no doubt. For me, you have to look at the bigger picture for away games. Thankfully I have a student card and a young persons railcard so my train fare to Swindon is £23 and my ticket was £13. Add on £20 for beer and food and you've got a cost of £56- which is usual for an away game for me anyway (in fact, pretty cheap compared to some away games last season).
So yes, I'll be there.

Back