• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloke on the radio right now complaining about lack of goals. Er we scored 2, that should get you a point at least and should really get you three.

Sorry but if we cant defend properly and need to score 4 or 5 goals a game to get a win we have had it.

As much as people complain about 1-0 wins Im sorry but letting in 11 goals in 3 games isn't entertaining. We have gone from a solid looking side to relegation quality. Need to get the clean sheet mentality back because getting hammered every week is going to kill our confidence and belief and give every team we play against a boost.

I can't work out what Bolger did wrong to get dropped in the first place. I would say he's our best CB.

Absolutely spot on, though sounds like Bentley made some good saves as well.

Barrett and Bolger are our best defensive pairing.

Not sure why people think Barrett has been an issue at the back.

Sounds like experience and organization were sadly lacking today.

Barrett looked very leggy over Christmas. I agree that after a rest he should come back in with bolger

No marking or challenges for second either. There is definitely something going on behind the scenes. You do not go from being a really tight defence to conceding 11 in 3 games for no reason

Thompson and Prosser doesn't work. They don't seem to know where each other is, highlighted by that 2nd goal.

next few games, let us play "Where are the points coming from?"
- Posh (A) Cannot stop scoring!
- Cov (H) Probably the best side in the league, just signed Joe Cole, Stephen Hunt etc.
- Shrews (A) Possibly?
- Colu (H) They're on a run now and just beat Charlton...
- Scunny (A) Beat us 2-1 earlier in season at their place
- Bradford (A) Good side infront of a big crowd
- Burton (H) Do we ever beat burton?!

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

0-4 L
0-3 L
4-2 L

This is new territory for me as a fan. I don't really like it, can someone make it stop?

next few games, let us play "Where are the points coming from?"
- Posh (A) Cannot stop scoring!
- Cov (H) Probably the best side in the league, just signed Joe Cole, Stephen Hunt etc.
- Shrews (A) Possibly?
- Colu (H) They're on a run now and just beat Charlton...
- Scunny (A) Beat us 2-1 earlier in season at their place
- Bradford (A) Good side infront of a big crowd
- Burton (H) Do we ever beat burton?!

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

it does make for grim reading. Not to be overly pessimistic but we could genuinely not win any of those games. Just saw today's goals. Team should be ashamed of themselves

The only theory I can offer is that Millwall utterly hit us for six and our confidence is now shot to pieces. Fans need to stay behind the players - the atmosphere against Doncaster was horrible and did not help one bit.

I love Dan Bentley as a keeper, but we're all over them, cruising at 2-0. Does he have to push just about their only shot at the time, straight to the other striker on a plate. He could hardly miss. Suddenly they're back in it.

I love Dan Bentley as a keeper, but we're all over them, cruising at 2-0. Does he have to push just about their only shot at the time, straight to the other striker on a plate. He could hardly miss. Suddenly they're back in it.

Ok then blame Dan if it makes you feel better.

Oh god.

Don't forget two of the defenders today haven't played competitively for ages and can't be match sharp. Haven't seen the goals to comment further.

We all need a good lie down for a few days, knee jerks won't help IMHO. Reconvene later next week when we have heard PBs comments and we all feel a bit calmer. COYBB

Come on everyone, I feel bad that we have been stuffed again, but maybe we should wait a bit until match reports come in from those that were there? Then if it's that bad go to town on it by all means. It's going to be a long week I think.

Rumour has it Barnett is back in Shrewsbury trying to break into the training facilities.

That was disgraceful, can't even begin to describe how bad that was, what makes it even worse is that Swindon were absolutely awful and our shocking defence and midfield allowed them all the space in the world. It looked like we were playing well for the first 20 minutes but in reality we weren't even that good, they were just hopeless and kept passing us the ball in their half.

Bentley 6- I've read some negative comments but don't really understand them, he wasn't really at fault for any of the goals and made some really good saves, was annoying when he could have easily caught it but hopelessly flapped it straight to one of their players (very lucky it didn't end in them scoring)
O'Neill 4- Started well but was far too easily beaten by their number 3. Even John White is better going forward than he is.
Thompson 4- Nice goal, hopeless defending.
Prosser 5- Best defender but that wasn't much of an achievement today, would like to see the Barrett and Bolger partnership again.
Coker 4- Great free kick delivery for the 2nd goal, poor defensively, gave their wingers all the time in the world.

Worrall 4- Crosses were awful. Had a great chance to shoot at 2-0 but bizarrely decided to cross instead.
Timlin 7- Had a good game, was a great leader. Probably should have scored in the first half when Barnett played him through though.
Deegan 5- Had a decent game, picked out some good passes but ruined it by constantly giving away silly little free kicks leaving Brown no choice but to bring him off.
Leonard 2- By far his worst performance in a Southend shirt, every pass either went out of play or straight to then.

Hunt 6- Worked well with Barnett but wasn't at his best, looked tired. Almost killed the game at 2-0 when he tackled their keeper (after he recieved what must have been at least the 20th backpass he recieved) but they somehow cleared it after we tried to shoot twice.
Barnett 8 MOTM- If he can keep up form like this will be a brilliant signing. A lethal finish, strong on the ball and chased everything down up front. Very impressive.

Subs:
Hurst 4- Think it's best we try and find him another club this window, he simply isn't good enough. Made absolutely no impact.
Mooney 4- Also made no impact.
Atkinson 2- Still can't get my head round why when we're losing, Brown thought Atkinson would be the one to score/create a goal and not Payne. But to be fair to Brown he was right, Atkinson did create a goal, unfortunately it was by passing the ball to their striker so he had a clean run on goal.

Brown gets a 1 for completely stupid substitutions.

Really dreading next week, if we play like we did for the last 70 minutes of the game today Peterborough will probably hit double figures.

Come on everyone, I feel bad that we have been stuffed again, but maybe we should wait a bit until match reports come in from those that were there? Then if it's that bad go to town on it by all means. It's going to be a long week I think.
Best post of the thread. Hold off blaming people and criticising until you've at least seen the goals, or even better until people actually at the game have commented.

Ok then blame Dan if it makes you feel better.

Oh god.

Have a look at the goal for yourself. I'm just saying that at 2-0 and cruising, why give them a goal on a plate. If anything, we looked like going 3 or 4 nil up at the time as their defence was all over the place. He does have a habit of pushing the ball out to an opposing striker. He needs to get that out of his game.

Back