• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't forget two of the defenders today haven't played competitively for ages and can't be match sharp. Haven't seen the goals to comment further.

Do you need to? You've already alluded to them being at fault for the goals rather than, you know, the other two defenders who've played during our recent thumpings.

Best post of the thread. Hold off blaming people and criticising until you've at least seen the goals, or even better until people actually at the game have commented.

While you and RHB are fair in what you're saying, let's not forget that this is a forum and our season has imploded in the last 3 games. People want to rant and rave and this is the place for it.

Come on everyone, I feel bad that we have been stuffed again, but maybe we should wait a bit until match reports come in from those that were there? Then if it's that bad go to town on it by all means. It's going to be a long week I think.

Excellent post RHB,

Blimey seeing some of the crap posted has been shocking,we are a skint club fighting above our weight and our main aim has been staying up.!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.

OOOh, threre's a match report in from someonene who went to the game!

Right, open fire everyone!! :gun::gun::gun:

While you and RHB are fair in what you're saying, let's not forget that this is a forum and our season has imploded in the last 3 games. People want to rant and rave and this is the place for it.
Of course, that's what the forum is for. But for some people to directly blame Bentley (as an example) solely based on the fact that we conceded 4 or a description of the goal in a tweet, before hearing any reports or ratings is a harsh overreaction.

Have a look at the goal for yourself. I'm just saying that at 2-0 and cruising, why give them a goal on a plate. If anything, we looked like going 3 or 4 nil up at the time as their defence was all over the place. He does have a habit of pushing the ball out to an opposing striker. He needs to get that out of his game.

Every player makes mistakes its football !

Excellent post RHB,

Blimey seeing some of the crap posted has been shocking,we are a skint club fighting above our weight and our main aim has been staying up.!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.

You might change your attitude if you watch the Swindon goals on Sky at the moment. Truly horrendous defending.
Phil Brown has the players locked in by the way, according to BBC Essex. So he also knows this is unacceptable, and can't go on.

You might change your attitude if you watch the Swindon goals on Sky at the moment. Truly horrendous defending.
Phil Brown has the players locked in by the way, according to BBC Essex. So he also knows this is unacceptable, and can't go on.
And I bet the sky highlights won't even show the multiple other pieces of shocking defending that didn't lead to any goals. Have to disagree with your post where you said Thompson and Prosser had a nightmare, of course they weren't great but i felt the full backs were much worse.

I dont care what Phil is doing,my feeling is I don't want to go down to the crap in league 2 again,I don't care if we stay in league 1 for years,but Defo not league 2.

15 points more then I'm happy.

The mental side of our team has been written about before and we have been 2 nil up, and other games ahead AND the players seem to just lose any ambition for going forward. (the only player who didn't was Payne V Bury). That I believe is Phil's fault and he shows it in his substitutes and line side coaching.
I wrote before the game that by playing to draw we get a draw at best,or lose, 2-2 at half time, what was said in the dressing room? my guess was 12 minutes of keep it tight, don't concede" etc and AGAIN a dearth of any forward impetus.
A question for those that were there (and I applaud them!) did Phil stand silent and motionless when the "chips" were down?
And did Mooney contribute anything when he came on? (rather than Payne).:angry:

We are still in with a shout for the playoffs, sacking someone over 3 (admittedly awful) results would be stupid.
Based on that performance, the last 2 performances and the strength of the teams in the play offs there's very little chance we'll reach the play offs. Of course that's no reason to want Brown sacked (and I think the post you replied to may have been a joke).

I'm glad it's defensive problems we have instead of attacking probelms because Brown's much more likely to correct defensive issues and I'm sure he will.

League 1 is obviously a step too far for a few of our players eg Prosser. Big fan of the guy, for someone who was signed as back-up when Sturrock came in and bought a million free transfers in, he was at a stretch a good conference defender back then, he's now come on leaps and bounds and would do a job for any mid-table league 2 side but there's no way he should be starting in league 1. Why has Bolger fallen so out of favour recently...is he injured?

Every player makes mistakes its football !

This is a forum for giving opinions. I certainly praise players when they have played well. We all know that Daniel Bentley is a fantastic young keeper, and a great bloke off the pitch. He has saved us so many times, but there is room for improvement. He's just had a few bad games, and if he was an outfield player, he would probably get slaughtered on here. I'm a realist. I say, and love it when we are good, and say and hate it when we are bad. All players should be praised, but no player is beyond criticism. I certainly don't think he should be dropped as he is our best keeper by a mile. I just want him to learn from any mistakes he makes.

Do you need to? You've already alluded to them being at fault for the goals rather than, you know, the other two defenders who've played during our recent thumpings.
Err what? What I was alluding to was the comments on here by people who haven't seen the goals blaming the defenders, two of which have not been first team choice for some time! I have not made any comments which blames anyone!

League 1 is obviously a step too far for a few of our players eg Prosser. Big fan of the guy, for someone who was signed as back-up when Sturrock came in and bought a million free transfers in, he was at a stretch a good conference defender back then, he's now come on leaps and bounds and would do a job for any mid-table league 2 side but there's no way he should be starting in league 1. Why has Bolger fallen so out of favour recently...is he injured?
Did you watch the game? If yes then what a strange comment, Prosser was our best defender and was much better than Thompson. If you weren't at the game how can you make such a strong statement?

Based on that performance, the last 2 performances and the strength of the teams in the play offs there's very little chance we'll reach the play offs. Of course that's no reason to want Brown sacked (and I think the post you replied to may have been a joke).

I'm glad it's defensive problems we have instead of attacking probelms because Brown's much more likely to correct defensive issues and I'm sure he will.

That is a mute point, if we have very little possession and no route forward to get the ball clear and get forward where does the problem start or finish? I don't think our backs are very poor, nor our midfield BUT they aren't working together NOR with the forwards. Phil said they were playing like individuals and that seems to fit. I'd like to see who is hoofing the ball away (giving possession) and who is either looking to make and receive passes. (preferably forward and not to the side or back to Dan).

The team has let in 11 goals in 3 games there is something very wrong .

Back