• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Top effort from the poor 620 Shrimpers who travelled. Shame the display didn't match that. Reports, ratings and I'm guessing a lot of rants here.

That is now 11 goals conceded in 3 games, what happened to our clean sheet mentality?
More worrying is down the road colchester beat championship oppo today, I am beginning to dread feb6th!

Bentley, Thompson and Prosser, and the injured Atkinson when he came on, all had a nightmare.
Time to get back to our best defence this season. White when fit, Bolger, the refreshed Barrett, Coker.

11 goals leaked in 3 games
Down to 8th place (could drop to 10th if other teams win there games in hand).
-1 goal difference.

Im to ****ed off right now to even consider giving them a rating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bentley, Thompson and Prosser, and the injured Atkinson when he came on, all had a nightmare.
Time to get back to our best defence this season. White when fit, Bolger, the refreshed Barrett, Coker.

Absolutely spot on, though sounds like Bentley made some good saves as well.

Barrett and Bolger are our best defensive pairing.

Not sure why people think Barrett has been an issue at the back.

Sounds like experience and organization were sadly lacking today.

Absolutely spot on, though sounds like Bentley made some good saves as well.

Barrett and Bolger are our best defensive pairing.

Not sure why people think Barrett has been an issue at the back.

Sounds like experience and organization were sadly lacking today.
Barrett is too slow , the millwall forwards proved that and in the other games we had experience and still lacked organization....

That is now 11 goals conceded in 3 games, what happened to our clean sheet mentality?
More worrying is down the road colchester beat championship oppo today, I am beginning to dread feb6th!
the clean sheet mentality right now is a myth..... How the hell can we keep getting in front only to collapse .....

Just seen the goals on sky sports news. The defending is a joke, not sure there was a blue shirt in our half for the last one!

Match report: Swindon Town 4, Southend United 2

SOUTHEND United let slip a two goal lead to slump to a depressing 4-2 defeat at Swindon Town this afternoon.

More...

Have to agree with Bolger & Barrett. I honestly believe Barrett is good for Bolger

For the last one we threw everyone up they broke away to score, going 2 up should be elation and you think we can't throw this one away, since Boxing Day we have been a disgrace and next week will prob be the same I can't see where the next win is coming from

Barrett is too slow , the millwall forwards proved that and in the other games we had experience and still lacked organization....

not sure I agree - Barrett has always been slow, but is massively experienced, has great positioning and reads the game so he is normally in the right place. As for organisation, it isn't just down to him to be the organiser... The issue he had with the Millwall game was playing at Colchester 2 days before, and he was also doing his best to compensate for a midfield that had gone totally awol.

We need Bolger and Barret to play the next game, with White and Coker at the back and a midfield that is attacking focused for the full 90 minutes. Oh, and PB to drop the ridiculous clean sheet mentality. Please!

Barrett has been too slow the last 2 games he played, but I'm sure the rest is all he needed. How we could have done with his leadership by example, and organisation today. At least he is is switched on and puts his body on the line.
Watch the goals today. They are static without putting the tackle in, or putting a half hearted one in that was brushed aside.
Barrett when fresh, and Bolger was our best central defensive pairing by a mile.

I think the issue is that no one (including Brown) really knows what our best side is. This is particularly apparent at the back where we have all discussed pretty much any combination of Barrett, Bolger, Thompson and Prosser. Add to this the continued relative poor form of Bentley and you have your answer as to why we have been so poor recently.

Barrett has been too slow the last 2 games he played, but I'm sure the rest is all he needed. How we could have done with his leadership by example, and organisation today. At least he is is switched on and puts his body on the line.
Watch the goals today. They are static without putting the tackle in, or putting a half hearted one in that was brushed aside.
Barrett when fresh, and Bolger was our best central defensive pairing by a mile.
Haven't seen the goals yet, looked for the cat to kick , so I'll reserve judgement ....

Just seen the goals on sky sports news. The defending is a joke, not sure there was a blue shirt in our half for the last one!
No marking or challenges for second either. There is definitely something going on behind the scenes. You do not go from being a really tight defence to conceding 11 in 3 games for no reason

Back