• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
After the last week, my team would be -

Bentley

O'Neill
Prosser
Thompson
Coker

Worrall
Leonard
Timlin (if fit), Deegan (if not)
McLaughlin

Payne
Hunt

Almost the same, I'd keep White in though, and give Bolger a game too. It's the centre pairing for me that's been the particular problem, however well Thompson has been playing. We really do have to use the squad more.

Bentley
O'Neil, Bolger, Thompson , Coker
McLaughlin, Leonard, Deegan Worrell
Hunt, Mooney

subs
Smith
Payne
Atkinson
Hurst
Barrett
White
Williams

tactical changes available:, Coker , Worrall , Mclaughlin for Payne/Williams to go 343 or 3412 if we need to chase
Mooney /Hunt for Atkinson or Barrett/ White and go 4141 or 541 if we are hanging on to a lead.

Keeper
Paul Smith

Defence
Phil Brown
Graham Coughlan
Ron Martin
Ben Clarkson

Midfield
Brian Horton
Elvis the Eel
Steve Kavanagh
Danny Macklin

Strikers

Sammy Shrimp
The blonde in the ticket office

What have we got to lose ? :smile:

Good thinking Super Kings, but what a ridiculous suggestion for goalkeeper! :winking:

Bentley
White
Coker
Bolger
Thompson
Leonard
Deegan
McLaughlin
Worrall
Payne
Hunt

Timlin and Deegan surely need to be called apon and something to give the team a bit more width, you dont become a terrible team just like that, a few fresh legs and we cant start looking up again :thumbsup:

It's not 'who' do you play but how do you play them. On paper I had no problem with the team we sent out yesterday but it looked to me as though the defence with DMid covering should have allowed the forward players to express themselves supported by two full backs. This can be effective at home but when a team, Millwall twice and Doncaster yesterday, press high up the pitch, we retreat quicker than a doggers erection slammed in a car door. ( so I am told )

On the retreat we lose shape and often we look frantic and uncoordinated and any number of collective and individual errors occur. On the front foot we can look very steady and sometimes impressive but we rarely, consistently, know how to turn retreat into decent counter.

We always appear better with width. It's not just Millwall twice and Donny at home. Remember Walsall, Shrewsbury and the throwing of the Rochdale game? That is too many bad days at the office.

Bentley

O'Neil
Thompson
Bolger (if fit) if not Prosser
Coker

Leonard
Timlin (if fit) if not Deegan
Hurst
Mclaughlin

Payne

Hunt

I was under the impression that Bolger was injured?

Keeper
Paul Smith

Defence
Phil Brown
Graham Coughlan
Ron Martin
Ben Clarkson

Midfield
Brian Horton
Elvis the Eel
Steve Kavanagh
Danny Macklin

Strikers

Sammy Shrimp
The blonde in the ticket office

What have we got to lose ? :smile:

That's the thing with football we all have different opinions. Personally I'd go for the brunette

Whilst Elvis the Eel would be dangerous in the air (he could have some ones eye out) I would still go for a proven goal scorer like Brian Dear.

I would agree with Maklin and Kavanagh...There certainly not going to give much away.

With Martin at the back, that will make us nice and tight, but what we would all love to see is for him to create just one big move. I guess not a lot will get past Clarkson.

The weak areas could be Brown, Coughlan and Horton. From what I've seen these three could do with some decent coaching.

Bentley

white
thompson
bolger
coker

that would be ideal for me at the back but I know PB won't play two right footed cb's so if prefer Barrett and Bolger together again.

Hurst (is he fit?) hasn't done any worse then how Worrall had the last month or so, if his not fit then Worrall starts.
lenny
Timlin(if fit) / Deegan
Mclaughlin

Payne (don't think he deserves to be dropped... And does as much as mooney imo.

Hunt

Smith

White
Coker
Barrett
Bolger

Worrall
Timlin (if fit, if not McLaughlin)
Leonard
Atkinson (although I'd prefer we bring someone else in ideally)

Payne
Hunt

Dan has been great for the last two seasons BUT of late he has not been himself; the gills goal, the goal between his legs at Sheff U, the M'wall and now the Donny gaffs. Any other play would be rested. He hasn't signed a contract etc etc. I am wondering if it is not a time to give young Ted some starts? he has to sometime surely?

I am still thinking Cokes isn't 100%, rest him too, play O'Neill, shuffle the back line up & play the fit players.
Bolger IS, IMO, the best CB at defending set pieces/defensive heading; Thommo's passing has improved greatly and he keeps looking to play out to wingers - especially Wozza.

The midfield needs balance - and width. Atko MUST be less than fully ready to get subbed/injured so (with no Rea) we go with our fit players, Lenny, Deegs, Wozza and Macca.

Payne just in front and behind Hunt.

On the bench; Dan, Luke, Hurst, young Williams. If fit then Tims.

No place for Mooney as he ought to go out on loan to a Conference side ready for next season unless he thinks and learns that No.9 is a centre forward's number and not his boot size.

Bentley,
O'Neill, Thompson, Bolger, White,
Worrall, Leonard, Timlin (or Deegan if not fit), McLaughlin,
Payne,
Hunt

Coker clearly isn't 100%, Ben Clarkson was waiting at the touch line and went straight to him at the final whistle, and he's not been at his best so I'd give him a rest for a game and hope he'll be back to his best after that.

I rate Bolger over Prosser, not much in it but long term Bolger has a lot more potential so I'd hope we are looking to hold on to him and give him a chance in the team.

I can't remember the last time anyone said Atkinson had stood out as having a good game and he's beginning to look tired, which isn't surprising given how hard he works. We've missed Timlin massively but if he's not fit then Deegan to replace Atkinson.

Up against Swindon, who on paper we should beat, I'd like to see us go with two proper wingers and Worrall showed the difference he can make yesterday and was one of the few who did okay yesterday, and McLaughlin always gives us a bit more going forwards.

Payne behind Hunt as Mooney has been a waste of space at times, would like to see Payne running on to Hunt's knockdowns, which has been difficult for him to do with Mooney up there as well.

I don't think you can throw ted in just yet, with a back four short of confidence after conceding 7 in two, would be a lamb to the slaughter and could knock any confidence he has big time. Dan needs to focus on doing what his good at, or has he actually been found out and found his level, strikers take chances a lot better at this level then league two... Maybe dan isn't quite as good as we all thought, just yet, and needs a couple of seasons at this level.

Bentley

White
Thompson
Bolger (or Prosser if PB insists on playing a left footer)
Coker

Hurst/Worrall (not sure if Hurst is fit?)
Leonard
Timlin (Deegan if not fit)
McLaughlin

Payne

Hunt

I'm hoping we'll have a new striker in on loan as an option from the bench. As I said in the match thread I've lost patience with Mooney, discounting pens he has 3 goals from open play (zero at home), and offers nothing in the way of hold up play. Not good enough.

Bentley
O'Neill Thompson White Coker
Worrall Leonard Timlin McLaughlin
Payne
Hunt

Have assumed Rea will be going back as Brighton have a severe injury crisis. Time has come to look beyond Barrett and on the basis that very few sides in our Division seem to have big lumps up front, White will do a more than adequate job the in the centre for the time being.

However, now is the time to think ahead and see what is available in this transfer window to improve the squad with the future in mind. Bentley's lap of the ground at the end of the game on Saturday may be telling a story. Desperately need a forward or 2 and that is just for starters.

Back