• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Swindon vs Southend - Postponed

The Watermill Wino

Coach Guru⭐
Listening to BBC Swindon and Mark Issacs from Swindon Town, said that all approaches to the ground are safe for the public and there is a third of the pitch still to clear. The Ref's pitch inspection is at 8-30 and at present the game is ON!
As for the snow banks around the pitch these are being removed by diggers and the area around the ground, car park etc are gritted and clear.
They are still confident that the game will go ahead but the ref has the final decission, the Police seem happy with whats going on?
BUT!
local buses are hit, cancelled and or running a skeleton service so beware if your coming in by snow train there is a rail replacement still between Reading and Swindon as DoDtS has advised for ages.
For the Drivers don't go early as there is black ice EVERYWHERE! But! by midmorning the Sun will be out and this will help with the temps. Main routes are Motorways are generally clear but again ice is affecting certain areas especially the Bristol /Wales side of Swindon seems a bit naughty.
Fingers crossed.

Just had an SMS from the club confirming this :-(

Gonna have to watch the egg-chasing instead!

Southend Radio mentioned it as breaking news just before the news at 9.

Shock of the decade ;)

At least the ref called it off at a decent time though, although I remember someone saying that he was going to have to leave Darlington at 7:30 this morning. Hope he hasn't gone yet or he's going to have a wasted journey :stunned:

Does seem strange that Swindon were very confident of the game going ahead, from early reports this morning. Then its declared frozon at this eray stage. Maybe its blatenly obvious that the ground is rock solid, therefor how could Swindon have been so confident of it going ahead? or there are some slight frozon patches but with their ground very open to the sun surely with rising temperatures they would melt long before kick off. Hey but still im not there and the referee is.

Going to be one hell of a fixture pile up. The Orient game already played on a Tuesday night as we were still in the cup. The Crewe and Scunthorpe games and now this Swindon game has to be re arranged thats without the fact we are soon due to play Millwall on a Tuesday night. Plus we have 2 games onver Easter weekend.

Surely the ref could of given it more time before making a final decision ? ;)

Does seem strange that Swindon were very confident of the game going ahead, from early reports this morning. Then its declared frozon at this eray stage. Maybe its blatenly obvious that the ground is rock solid, therefor how could Swindon have been so confident of it going ahead? or there are some slight frozon patches but with their ground very open to the sun surely with rising temperatures they would melt long before kick off. Hey but still im not there and the referee is.

Going to be one hell of a fixture pile up. The Orient game already played on a Tuesday night as we were still in the cup. The Crewe and Scunthorpe games and now this Swindon game has to be re arranged thats without the fact we are soon due to play Millwall on a Tuesday night. Plus we have 2 games onver Easter weekend.

So we've got to play three extra Tuesday games in 3 months, one of which is already arranged; hardly one hell of a fixture pile up. We always have 2 games over Easter.

I'm quite happy as I had already decided about 10-15 minutes earlier not to risk the drive!! I guess I can get my money back for the ticket now? I won't be travelling to Swindon midweek!

saves more injuries piling up and allows the players who are injured time to recover. Its all good!!

damn shame really as so many people put in the effort to get it on.The pitch was playabale yesterday so shows the efforts were not in vain really, there was a realistic chance of it being on. There is tons of ice around today so from a public safety standpoint good decision but gutted for those who helped out yesterday and into the night. FUnnily enough apparently the part of the pitch they didnt clear is fine as the ice never got through the snow.. The area they cleared allowed the frost in... Bet everyone at Swindon Town are gutted as close to 5K was spent to try and get the game on.

Back