• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swindon want to keep Blues striker Theo

Buy one get one free we’ll throw in Kightly for nothing.

What if Hopper is not fit to start season?

They are different types. We do need a striker with genuine pace, but it didn’t seem to work out for Theo consistently enough while he was with us this time - but that may not be his fault. He did well at the back end of last season, and let’s nor forget our midfield went missing for almost the whole of this season. It’s a shame but it does happen a lot in football it seems. If he’s happy at Swindon it looks a good move for him - they should make a better fist of challenging next year.

good luck to him and plenty of time to get another striker in if Hopper not ready

The only fee involved will probably be agent's fees. You very rarely see players moving for a fee between lower league clubs these days, usually a case of if Swindon & Theo can agree terms and we'll probably agree to cancel the remainder of his contract. Good luck to him and hopefully frees up some funds for our wage bill for a new signing.

There may be a nominal fee as Theo is still under contract. I wouldn't begrudge him it in the slightest, lovely bloke with a young family, deserves to be playing where he can and, if he's not in our first team plans at present then he goes with my thanks.

Theo was treated very badly by a section of our fans, and most unfairly. He may not be the most naturally gifted footballer but he always gave 100% when some around him failed to do so. He was able to scare opposition defenders by his pace and as a result created space for Cox. If we had had him in the team since Christmas I think we would have gained more than the 50 points that we ended up with. He'll score 20 goals for Swindon next season.

Last edited:
Would thank Theo for all the dedication he gave us, and that hat trick! I am genuinely sorry at the prospect of him going permanently, but he does deserve a first team place as he has a lot to offer. Shame it hasn't really worked out here, our awol midfield all of this season didn't help the situation, and a small section of our 'fans' were really horrible towards him, undeservedly. I would like to think that our new manager, whoever he is, will do what is best for us and for him, hopefully it will mean Theo stays, but if it doesn't, Theo, thank you and all the best of luck.

Wouldn't say he's a 20-goal striker but if he was a regular he would almost guarantee you 10-15 goals at this level because off the ball he is excellent and he creates a lot of chances. He makes very good runs, stretches the play, and never gives defenders a moment's peace.

I would be absolutely fine if he stayed, but the problem is he'd likely be fourth choice again because unfortunately he just doesn't have the ability on the ball that the other three have. At his age he should be playing regularly and Swindon seems a good fit for him, he got 7 in 16 there which is an excellent strike rate.

He gets a lot of unfair stick, if he leaves the very best of luck to him and in an ideal world I'd like to see him replaced with a promising youngish forward, perhaps from non-league with similar attributes of pace and strength. Obviously there are about 60 other league clubs looking for the same thing though so might not be as simple as that.

Back