• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swindon want to keep Blues striker Theo

Wouldn't say he's a 20-goal striker but if he was a regular he would almost guarantee you 10-15 goals at this level because off the ball he is excellent and he creates a lot of chances. He makes very good runs, stretches the play, and never gives defenders a moment's peace.

I would be absolutely fine if he stayed, but the problem is he'd likely be fourth choice again because unfortunately he just doesn't have the ability on the ball that the other three have. At his age he should be playing regularly and Swindon seems a good fit for him, he got 7 in 16 there which is an excellent strike rate.

He gets a lot of unfair stick, if he leaves the very best of luck to him and in an ideal world I'd like to see him replaced with a promising youngish forward, perhaps from non-league with similar attributes of pace and strength. Obviously there are about 60 other league clubs looking for the same thing though so might not be as simple as that.

Theo Robinson's form at Swindon suggests that their manager has managed to get the best of him and play to his strengths (as did the Cowley brothers at Lincoln) while neither Phil Brown or Chris Powell got him playing in top form on a consistent basis.

He wasn't first or even second choice under Brown or Powell. When he had a run of games he did well.

It sounds like Swindon appreciate him and that's something he never felt with us. Much maligned, and wrongly in my opinion, he rarely had the opportunity to play to his individual strengths. I am sure he could have done more with us, and for us, had we played him correctly and I am in no doubt that he could play a useful role in our squad during the upcoming season.

The big problems we had last season were the lack of creativity in the midfield and too often no target man up top due to injuries. So often, when we lumped the ball up, it would have been great to have the pace of Theo to get onto the ball. Sadly he was in the side, out of the side, on the wing and generally messed about. Hmm, I wonder why he lacked confidence in front of goal:Think:

If he goes then the very best of luck to him and if he stays I hope he gets a fair crack from the manager and the fans.

Probably helped Theo if Swindon's POTY got on with him and would actually pass to him.

Theo is clearly a confidence player. If the manager has confidence in him and he is wanted then he will get goals at lower league. For sure we've seen his limitations. Was he a better option than an unfit partially available Bunn....Without doubt. Terrible decision to let him go on loan in Jan without 100% confirming replacement.

If we do let Theo go then we need to be very confident we are going to have better options available.

I would actually like to keep him. Yes, he won't first, second or third choice but we need strength in depth and something to add from the bench.

Wouldn't have minded keeping him as he has pace - as a 4th choice behind Cox, Hopper and Humphrys he'd have been a useful option but god luck to him. We'll need to find another quick striker to back up the other three for next season.

Expand on this please...... :Unsure:

Cox wasn't his biggest fan. I'm guessing it went back to the Ranger fall out where certain players had to be split up for a couple of games. The team and PB never recovered from that.

It was clear to me this season it had carried on and Cox would never pass to Theo. I guess that's why TR went in January even though we never signed a replacement. You just can't have that situation in any team.

He wasn't first or even second choice under Brown or Powell. When he had a run of games he did well.
Really? Please remind me.
Whenever Theo had the ball I was amazed he did something useful with it on occasion.
I know this is League One, but the poor bloke can't trap a dustbin lid.

I think we should keep him unless Swindon cough up around 50k for him, think under a new manager given a fresh start and a run of games he can get us a few goals, but where do we fit him in if we only play two up front.

Provided Hopper, Humphrys and Cox are fit then Theo's game time would be extremely limited. He does offer something different but then so do Kelman and Aquah. I have nothing against Theo but the Club should allow him to leave.

Back