• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
After last week's double misfortune to, firstly, lose a decent referee to injury and then get Kettle as a replacement, this Saturday brings Gavin Ward to Roots Hall for his third visit. This is his second season as a League referee.

His two previous games were the JPT defeat on pens by Dagenham and the 2-1 win against Hartlepool, who had Sam Collins sent off in that match. He was an absolutely first class linesman. Lined in numerous Premiership matches and some full internationals. He is looking to replicate that success in the middle and therefore will not be skimping on cards if necessary. He has age on his side (just a few days short of 30, although he looks younger) and could well go all the way to the top.

Gavin makes the short trip from Sittingbourne through the tunnel into Essex for the second week running, having reffed the Daggers game pretty well last Friday.

David Buck, also from Kent and Ian Crouch from London will be assisting with Dave Margetts on 4th official board duty.

Is he the guy that looks about 12?

I saw him referee quite a few times in his non-league days and he was someone who stuck in my mind as being particularly good and would obviously progress up the ranks. So I am cautiously optimistic.

I don't remember him impressing me that much when I've seen him but we all know he'll be better than Kettle. That's a given.

Back