• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
Every saturday I love going through other League 2 results and comments and again Di Canio just amazes me with his passion of being number 1 at everything.

He has stated after the game today that the team was not good enough and even though Torquay and Southend lost he will not accept 2nd best!!!

He wants to win the league the right way and does not care about others.

I know I have stated this before but I do wish Sturrock said the same when we was top instead of saying he just wanted promotion.

I really want to see Southend have the passion again and i know post like mine dont help but i just want to see the belief and passion again in Southend united and that has to come from the Manager.

Totally agree with you, as a Swindon born Southend fan, it's a real pity that Sturrock isn't doing what he did for Swindon in this league, he used to be full of confidence in his players, something which is lacking. He is feeling the pressure, something I don't think Sturrock has done previously. I am still behind him, but the team need to start playing as a team, too much of this pointing the blame all of the time. I am sure Southend can do this, Swindon are not going to slip up, they had a bad start but have a team far better than this and possibly league 1, if Southend do get promotion a big investement is going to be needed I feel to challenge for back to back promotion. As for Swindon, I feel they are going to pretty much be up there again next year, if lady luck is behind you then you can win even when playing bad, it's that confidence which wins you games, look at Shrewsbury game, they dominated all through out and Swindon walked away with 3 points.

As for Southend I wouldn't feel confident if we were 3-0 up at the moment, someone has to put the confidence back into the team...

Sturrock has showed passion throughout the season, does not make excuses had publicly criticised players when he feels their performances hasve been sub standard. Is chopping and changing with the team alot at the moment due to the poor performances on the pitch.

His objective is to get us promoted this season and we will be in that top 3 at the end of the season and everyone moaning about the hoofball will still be there for the end of season promotion parade.

Sturrock has showed passion throughout the season, does not make excuses had publicly criticised players when he feels their performances hasve been sub standard. Is chopping and changing with the team alot at the moment due to the poor performances on the pitch.

His objective is to get us promoted this season and we will be in that top 3 at the end of the season and everyone moaning about the hoofball will still be there for the end of season promotion parade.
.....Do you really believe that Southend will finish in the top three ?? :hilarious::hilarious:

I do agree badger, but if he did say that, he'd probably get slagged off for saying that! He'd be called delusional or something along those lines!

You cannot win at this club!

But personally I'd like him to have said we can win the league!

Every saturday I love going through other League 2 results and comments and again Di Canio just amazes me with his passion of being number 1 at everything.

He has stated after the game today that the team was not good enough and even though Torquay and Southend lost he will not accept 2nd best!!!

He wants to win the league the right way and does not care about others.

I know I have stated this before but I do wish Sturrock said the same when we was top instead of saying he just wanted promotion.

I really want to see Southend have the passion again and i know post like mine dont help but i just want to see the belief and passion again in Southend united and that has to come from the Manager.

And what would that achieve other than place unreasonable pressure on the team ?

We all know we arent the best team in this division, Swindon are miles better. We have also not shown any sort of consistent "champions" level form since November.

What is the point in Sturrock therefore saying he wants to win something that he knows we cant, why set yourself up for a fall ?

Sturrock sets a realistic target and thats sensible.

Our target is promotion, making statements about winin

I suppose being a fascist is always going to make you passionate. Also have you noticed how the media always refer to Swindon as "Paulo DiCanio's Swindon".

I do agree badger, but if he did say that, he'd probably get slagged off for saying that! He'd be called delusional or something along those lines!

You cannot win at this club!

But personally I'd like him to have said we can win the league!

At the start of this season if Sturrock had said we're going to win the league what would your reaction have been?

Again, at the start of the season, if you were told that we would be 3rd during the last week of February, what would you have said?

If you were also told that it wouldn't be pretty football for long periods but there would be a good away form, we'd put 3-4 goals past a team every now and again, would you accept that?

Those that want Sturrock out be careful what you wish for, if he is forced out then I for one will be waiting to say told you so when it really all goes Pete Tong

I'd rather be 3rd with Sturrock than 1st with Di Canio. In fact I'd rather be bottom with Wignall than top with Di Canio. In terms of his passion Di Canio is just a skinny version of Evans, don't know why anyone would get excited by that. His team is playing well so the Swindon fans who are turning a blind eye to everything else about him can enjoy that but from me it gets a shrug. Someone will be top of a crap league and at the moment its Swindon, no biggie.

you'd rather be bottom with a Col Ewe reject than top with a natural leader and winner

I'm sorry but you sir, are a fool

i'm pretty confident we will... We are a pretty confident team away from home. We must ensure to get behind the team the same way the away fans do! It will come good:smile:

we didnt look that confident against Morecambe or against alder***t (both away from home) :whistling:

you'd rather be bottom with a Col Ewe reject than top with a natural leader and winner

I'm sorry but you sir, are a fool
I would because I don't recall Wignall ever standing in the midde of a pitch giving Nazi salutes, whereas Di Canio is famous for doing that. His appointment was a disgrace to Swindon footbal club.

I would because I don't recall Wignall ever standing in the midde of a pitch giving Nazi salutes, whereas Di Canio is famous for doing that. His appointment was a disgrace to Swindon footbal club.

Only if you wish to mix sport and politics, with personally i don't

His political views in no way detract from his passion and ability as a manager, they obviously don't sit well with you which of course is your prerogative

Back