• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Syria intervene or not?

• Total voters
Obama said if chemical weapons were used that event crosses the redline,Strange an unidentified helicopter was filmed dropping such weapons!

The west should keep their noses out.

Obama said if chemical weapons were used that event crosses the redline,Strange an unidentified helicopter was filmed dropping such weapons!

The west should keep their noses out.

Trouble is that it could spill over in Israel now, and what with Turkey that part of the world looking highly unstable. Arming the rebels is not the way, as I've previously said they're reportedly strict Islamists, but something needs to be done.

As I see it Syria is gradually getting more and more onto our TVs and involved with from UK, EU, USSR (whatever its called now!) and US policy.
Is it time for the 1st world countries to step in? or should it be left to the Muslims to fight it out and escalate the conflict, openly, into what it is, a sectarian quasi religious war of discrimination and revenge that is centuries old?
To me its a head you lose, tails they win situation and any form of interventionism other than protecting Turkey's border (as a NATO ally) would have longer term negative impacts similar to Iraq and not change short term hatreds and distrust.

you know what I think???

**** the middle east pull all troops out and let the rag head Muslim Jew Christians or whatever the **** get on with killing each other

none of our ****ing business!

Can somebody please tell me what stance Bolivia are taking on this? or maybe Latvia? or say Finland?

Stop gallivanting around the ****ing world getting involved!

If we did maybe they would not bother thinking we would welcome them in open arms on our streets, must have mugs written on our heads

Trouble is that it could spill over in Israel now, and what with Turkey that part of the world looking highly unstable. Arming the rebels is not the way, as I've previously said they're reportedly strict Islamists, but something needs to be done.

All sides need to sit round the table and talk,Sending more powerful weapons will only lead to more death and these very same weapons can easily be used against us in the future.

Putin seems an unstable guy who if pushed could press the button,We the west need to steer clear at all costs.

All sides need to sit round the table and talk,Sending more powerful weapons will only lead to more death and these very same weapons can easily be used against us in the future.

Putin seems an unstable guy who if pushed could press the button,We the west need to steer clear at all costs.
A nice idea BUT you are believing that all sides want peace and stability. The West is talking about arming groups linked to Al Quieda (not interested in less than an Islamist final solution): & Russia and Iran are backing Assad...........not a lot of peace and love to fellow manknd there then!

you know what I think???

**** the middle east pull all troops out and let the rag head Muslim Jew Christians or whatever the **** get on with killing each other

none of our ****ing business!

Can somebody please tell me what stance Bolivia are taking on this? or maybe Latvia? or say Finland?

Stop gallivanting around the ****ing world getting involved!

If we did maybe they would not bother thinking we would welcome them in open arms on our streets, must have mugs written on our heads

Might be something to do with the way we happily chopped the Middle East up and put it back together all wrong when we had an Empire.... Also, do you really think that they would just get on with it and leave us in peace?
:hilarious:

UN should intervene when a dictatorship Is murdering civilians. Sects / factions are irrelevant when this violation of basic human rights is going on. Instal a democracy and if that ends in a **** up then at least we did our bit. Sitting by watching governments butcher their own people can not happen. Naive maybe but it's 2013 - should this **** really keep happening while the UN just allows it?

Steer clear, we have tried policing the world for a while now, let them kill each other and look after our own. Yep its terrible whats going on out there but let it run its course and we all concentrate on x factor

Steer clear, we have tried policing the world for a while now, let them kill each other and look after our own. Yep its terrible whats going on out there but let it run its course and we all concentrate on x factor

Something doesn't quite add up with this, why let UN inspectors in a week before and the suddenly gas your own people?
Not saying they didn't but a little bit of caution on who would gain from this.

Actually just reading there is more evidence that the rebels were behind this attack, if true how to kill your outside support in one hit.

Actually just reading there is more evidence that the rebels were behind this attack, if true how to kill your outside support in one hit.

Could be a rebel ploy: the KLA did similar things in 1998/9 to get the UN and USA involved in their dirty war with Serbia; either way chemical weapons being used by anyone will get Israel (USA) jumping and trigger ready.

Hmmm this is a tough call...enter another war that will go farther beyond Syria..I am torn in every direction..but do we know the truth, that is my question.

Poll added.

Hmmm this is a tough call...enter another war that will go farther beyond Syria..I am torn in every direction..but do we know the truth, that is my question.

Poll added.

And a bloody good question it is. Im not sure we will ever be able to trust the peeps in charge fully. I also dont think we will send troops in. Syria are armed very well thanks to russia and china plus support from iran. Serious casualty lists if we go wading in. I expect some cruise missiles going in. WW3 anyone.......

And a bloody good question it is. Im not sure we will ever be able to trust the peeps in charge fully. I also dont think we will send troops in. Syria are armed very well thanks to russia and china plus support from iran. Serious casualty lists if we go wading in. I expect some cruise missiles going in. WW3 anyone.......

WW3 is getting closer !

We should keep out of this madness yet we won't,Russia and China flexing their muscles on the sidelines whilst us the French and of course the world's policeman America rev up for missile strike's.

The Middle East is one vast region containing lying nutters who would love world conflict and the west sadly take the bait.

The residents of the Middle East have been at each other for tousands of years; and although it is a poor analogy they (the local powers) will continue to do so like squabbling siblings, they can be seperated and temporaily quietened BUT sooner or later they will start at "it" again and as with children they will carry on until they reach adulthood or one oversteps the bounds of acceptability.
Has Syrian regime done that, enough, yet?
If others intervene will that end the problem?
Or will it make the problem go furtive and spread further?
I truly, sincerely want the UK to say it is NOT our business AND no service personnel from us will risk their lives (and limbs) in a sectarian quasi religious crusade to bolster political leverage.

Is gassing children not overstepping the mark ?

Its a tricky one as we cant use ground troops or we will be stuck there a decade and achieve nothing. If we were to assist in regime change would that even result in a better Syria anyway? Look at Egypt, they rose up and voted in a government and 18 months later still killing each other.

But is doing nothing an option?

Back