• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ Album of the Year 2008

Album of the Year for 2008?

• TV On The Radio - Dear Science

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conor Oberst - Conor Oberst

• Long Blondes - Couples

• People Under The Stairs - Fun DMC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Move over Mercury. Bog off Brits. Back of the queue, er, Q. This is the one they all want.

The original thread died a bit of a death, but I have gone back to it, fished out a few contenders (at least one from everyone who bothered to post) and come back with the following runners. We have room for three more nominations; first come first served.

By the way, poll closes in five days. I own a few of these, but I pledge to buy the winner if it's one I don't have.

Have voted for the Oasis album, however i have two concerns:

1. Why wasn't the Same Difference album in this list?

2. Will we all vote and then you pick the winner regardless of the poll results ;)

can we have another option?..'never heard of any and I really dont care for pretentious wnak music'

thanks in advance

Was tough for me to pick between Oasis and Kings of Leon, Went for Kings of Leon in the end.

I think they're brilliant.

Have voted for the Oasis album, however i have two concerns:

1. Why wasn't the Same Difference album in this list?

2. Will we all vote and then you pick the winner regardless of the poll results ;)

1) It can be if you want :)

2) It looks like Oasis are winning. So yes. ;)

I havent heard any of the albums, I think only 2 songs from Kings Of Leon, so I'll have to vote for them just on that basis.

Poor showing I know :(

I think this'll be a straight fight between Kings of Leon and Oasis - personally I prefer the former but they're both fairly decent albums. However, 2008 wasn't a vintage year for decent music I must say.

Oasis and Kings of Leon, your avin a f*ck bubble bath

Respect to Uxbridge Shrimper for voting for British Sea Power

Back