• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ BOTB Final.. The Beatles V Pink Floyd

And the winners are ??

• The Beatles

Votes: 43 78.2%
  • Pink Floyd

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

READ THREAD BEFORE VOTING
SZ Battle Of The Bands The FINAL

Voting closes in 24 hours

So that's it folks the Final has been decided,Pink Floyd (Sponsored by Blueblood) after a titanic battle, beat The Jam ( MK Shrimper ) 48-45 In the other tie The Beatles ( Libertine ) beat The Stones (Mcnasty) fairly comfortably 37-22.

I would just like to add that last evening on here was great fun ...fantastic banter going on from both sides..:)

Todays Final ...The Beatles V Pink Floyd

Post your Video clips, arguments, support and loathing. If both contenders are evenly matched, let your vote be swayed by the evidence at hand. Only place your vote when you are certain.
In the (unlikely?) event of a draw, the final decision will fall to Cricko who will base his decision solely on the evidence available in the thread.

Get Voting All.

Righto .. i'm off for a bit

I have a busy day of work to attend to, hopefully my supporters will begin the battle for me, and i shall re-enter the fray a little later

VOTE FLOYD

I'm also off to work in a minute so not much input from me during the day - so I'll leave you with this message -

Product_412_PrSpare2.jpg

and yes, The Beatles had a spell as hippies but I like to think it was just a phase they went through and grew out of. However in those suits in the early days they were also Mod, listen to Helter Skelter and they pre-empted Punk and with the pioneering studio techniques you could argue they led the way for a lot of dance music that follwed. Pink Floyd however based an entire career on smelly hippydom.

Last edited:
No competition. The Beatles defined pop music.

Listen to Tommorow Never Knows from Revolver.....samples, loops.... they were 25 years AHEAD of their time.

If not for The Beatles, Pink Floyd would be accountants and Estate Agents.

Last edited:
I voted for the Beatles because the Jam were conned out of a final place as the cheating poll-meister closed the poll at half seven this morning when it clearly said poll would close today at 1.50pm.
Could this be because the Stink Floyd had a very narrow lead. If it had been the other way round the poll would be open till the end.

Cheated from Westcliff :guns:

I voted for the Beatles because the Jam were conned out of a final place as the cheating poll-meister closed the poll at half seven this morning when it clearly said poll would close today at 1.50pm.

He's up to his old tricks again then I see!
The whole tournament could have been different if he'd shut the polls at their specified times!

Tough choice this for me as they are both great bands....But alas it has to be the Beatles for the reasons Mk pointed out.

This really ought to be a landslide. John, Paul, Ringo and George for me.

Oh and not forgetting Billy Preston on keyboards...

This would have made a great semi final !!!

The Beatles for me , at least they did have a brief period where they had passion, played to their audience and where the voice of a teenage nation.

As opposed to sitting round on bean bags deciding how pretentious they could be today whilst trying to make their tracks as long as possible so they didn't have to waste too much time and effort writing more.

The Beatles are going to walk this. It's like unwrapping a big box at christmas and finding you've been given an extremely large walnut that smells a bit...funny.

Dissapointment.

I blame Cricko. Or Immigrants. Or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back