• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ BOTB Round 1.... The Killers v The Jam

Who is going through

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

READ THREAD BEFORE VOTING

SZ Battle Of The Bands Round 1.
Voting closes in exactly 24 hours.

In the First Round of the competition,The Killers( Sponsored by Davewebbsbrain) have been drawn against The Jam (MKshrimper)

Post your Video clips, arguments, support and loathing. If both contenders are evenly matched, let your vote be swayed by the evidence at hand. Only place your vote when you are certain.

In the (unlikely?) event of a draw, the final decision will fall to Cricko who will base his decision solely on the evidence available in the thread.
Get Voting All.

No competition.

A Town Called Malice.
Down at The Tube Station at Midnight.
Going Underground.
The Bitterest Pill
Beat Surrender.
Etc....

The finest band ever produced by these shores that took punk, R&B, Motown, pop and crafted it into the quintessential sound of the late 1970's. To call it a day when they were at the very peak of their powers and then NEVER to reform speaks of Weller's integrity. Still a favourite of young and old 25 years after they last performed.... something that will never be said of The Killers who will soon be in the "where are they now?" bargain bin of HMV.

Unfortunately I can't post youtube video clips at work, but do I need to? If you don't know these songs, you don't deserve music.

I'm actually a big fan of The Killers. But they've come up against a giant in The Jam.

I was lucky enough to be brought up on The Jam and David Bowie - they were the two artists Mum and Dad would forever be playing on the stereo when I was little. For that, I was always be thankful to my parents.

Plus "That's Entertainment" was played at Dad's memorial service.

Sorry Brandon et al, too much to do here.

I feel sorry for the killers, although they'll probably get the younger vote.

The Jam had so many decent songs that they win this one at a stroll.

Speak Like A Child in 1983.

Lol just seen that The Style Council had a song & video called "Come To Milton Keynes" .... so THAT's why I'm here....It's subliminal....

Last edited:
Who are The Killers?

The Jam - although a bit before my time - are one of the greatest bands ever to come from these shores.

Bit of a mismatch, this.

I like the killers but theres only one choice for me and as John Weller once said "give it up for the best band in the fekin world THE JAM"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back