• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ for iPhone/iPod

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Is there a way we can have a SZ webpage that fits the iPhone/iPod screen better than the current one.

There's a Coventry City forum, Sky Blues Talk who use this feature.

This is what it comes up like.

15i28zt.jpg

Is this something that can be done for ShrimperZone ?

Good question.

The board upgrade has been currently deferred to the beginning of the new season since existing users of the upgraded system are still reporting bugs. We'll be looking into any mobile access options as part of that upgrade.

SZ works fine through Safari on my iPhone (although it's better if your turn the phone to landscape!) - you also maybe need to zoom in places to help fuctionality.

SZ works fine through Safari on my iPhone (although it's better if your turn the phone to landscape!) - you also maybe need to zoom in places to help fuctionality.

It works fine for me aswell but I just thought this would be a way to simplify it, without having to zoom in.

agree that SZ is perfectly usable on an iPhone. However messageboards that are optimised for all smartphones are superb.

There are a few ways of getting the vBulletin to be smartphone friendly, with a plugin that creates a different layout optimised for phones displays.

They also have created an app for it called Tapatalk, which relies on a plugin to be installed into vBulletin, the forum plugin is free. however the app comes in two flavours:- Full (£1.79) and Lite (Free)

Key: Lite Full

• Multiple forum access Yes Yes
  • Super-fast Post Loading Yes Yes
  • Customizable interface Yes Yes
  • Reply & edit to post Read Only Yes
  • Private Messaging Read Only Yes
  • See who's online Yes Yes
  • Image upload & viewing Thumbnail only Yes

The app is available for iPhone, Android, Blackberry and even Nokia.

Last edited:
Sounds like the right way around to have it - chargeable for the user, not for the zone.

There are a few ways of getting the vBulletin to be smartphone friendly, with a plugin that creates a different layout optimised for phones displays.

They also have created an app for it called Tapatalk, which relies on a plugin to be installed into vBulletin, the forum plugin is free. however the app comes in two flavours:- Full (£1.79) and Lite (Free)

Key: Lite Full

• Multiple forum access Yes Yes
  • Super-fast Post Loading Yes Yes
  • Customizable interface Yes Yes
  • Reply & edit to post Read Only Yes
  • Private Messaging Read Only Yes
  • See who's online Yes Yes
  • Image upload & viewing Thumbnail only Yes

The app is available for iPhone, Android, Blackberry and even Nokia.

Thanks Andee.

A couple of people have mentioned Tapatalk in this forum before and it will definitely be an option we'll be looking at. Since many of our board's modifications won't automatically transfer across though and we don't want to duplicate effort, we won't be making any further modifications to the Zone until after the upgrade.

Happy to keep hearing the suggestions though folks. If they make sense, add value and can be implemented 'relatively' easily, we're all for it.

Thanks Andee.

A couple of people have mentioned Tapatalk in this forum before and it will definitely be an option we'll be looking at. Since many of our board's modifications won't automatically transfer across though and we don't want to duplicate effort, we won't be making any further modifications to the Zone until after the upgrade.

Happy to keep hearing the suggestions though folks. If they make sense, add value and can be implemented 'relatively' easily, we're all for it.

Good, I'll save my £1.79 until after the upgrade then :p

I personally just blame Ron Martin for all society's ills, even little Jimmy Osmond...

Nothing wrong with ANY of the Osmonds and don't you forget it! Thinking you could hide a disparaging Osmond remark away in here and get away with it - shame on you! :thump:

Has anything been done / planned about this? :)

(Also no smilies in quick reply box!!)

Has anything been done / planned about this? :)

(Also no smilies in quick reply box!!)

All the phone applications are on our "List to do"...it will be a few weeks until we have sorted everything.......to use the smilies in a quick reply you will have to go advanced for now and use the drop down link.

Please bare with us..:)

Back