• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ guitarists...

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
Tens, elevens, twelves or bigger?

Just bought a shiny set of twelves and though I would celebrate with a fairly inane survey of the pub. Personally, I think I prefer the rich tone on twelves but this is probably because I'm almost an exclusively acoustic player at the moment.

An afternoon of fitting them awaits. Then an evening of killing my fingers awaits as I've been playing tens for ages!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Sep. 06 2006,14:05)]12s on my acoustic, 10s on my electric.

Although these days, I'm a bit bored with guitars and have been messing with this beauty... Just call me Ravi
My uncles got one of those thingymebobs, but then again he has more or less every stringed instrument, and he can play them too, they are not just for decoration.

Guitar wise, I just use my dads so gods knows what he has got on it.

Alexis

I've been meaning to replace the strings on my £60 accoustic for about four months now.

I remember how much of a pain in the arse it was last time and I'm doing anything I can to get out of it. I might even buy a new one out of laziness. How bad is that?

Twelve strings are lovely though, they make anything sound good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ Sep. 06 2006,19:10)]I use 9-46 on the LP custom.
Wow. I've never even played anything less than tens and frankly didn't know they existed. Can you even see the bottom string?

biggrin.gif

I have tried (just once!) a 7 on the top - it was like an elastic band and sounded like it too.

Ernie Ball hybrids are 9-46.

Back