• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PL Cup SZ PL Christmas Cup 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
The entry thread will now be closed, and all matters relating to the Xmas Cup will be in here

The schedule has been painstakingly worked out and is as follows

Round One: Friday/Saturday 27th/28th August (Bradford City away)
Round Two: Tuesday 28th September (Gillingham away)
Quarter Finals: Saturday 23rd October (Bury away)
Semi Finals: Saturday 13th November (Accrington Stanley home)
Final: Saturday 11th December (Burton Albion away)

Any matches that are drawn will be replayed the next time SUFC are in action, and will be replayed again and again until such a time that a replay would complicate the next round at which point a tie breaker will be introduced

Back soon with the First Round draw ...

First Round Draw

Ties to be played this coming weekend ...

OldBlueLady vs south247
Shrimpersarmy vs davewebbsbrain
class vs Portugese Shrimper
BLUEBLOOD vs Nobby Snide
manor15 vs SUFC Al
canveyshrimper vs BLUEBLOOD Junior
Drastioc Sturgeon vs ldnfatso
davidovolic vs Roxy
Wickford Shrimper vs DoDtS
Harold Bishop Killer vs Cricko
Kristof vs Emu
Number 11 vs Tinks
The Big Shrimp vs Lucky Luca
Cyril Sneer vs ol blue eyes
seves vs Brettie Angell
Dave the Shrimper vs D.O.L.L

First Round Review (Part One)

OldBlueLady vs south247 0-4
OBLs horror show hands this tie on a plate to the newbie

Shrimpersarmy vs davewebbsbrain 9-0
dwb entered the competition but has since failed to post a reply in the entire PL forum, Don ensured his stay in the cup was brutally ended

class vs Portgese Shrimper 2-0
class is a lucky lucky boy as PS failed to post in this round and his meagre 2 point haul proves adequate

BLUEBLOOD vs Nobby Snide 3-4
My domestic cup nightmare continues as i'm turned over by Nobby .. i did win the World Cup Knockout though, incase i hadn't gone on about it enough previously :clap:

manor15 vs SUFC Al 4-0
Sadly it looks as though Alan has given up on this years PL, which is a shame as previously he'd been a stalwart of the forum, his absence is welcomed by Sam no doubt as the holder of the Xmas Cup begins his defence with a walkover

canveyshrimper vs BLUEBLOOD Junior 1-4
My lad was delighted on Saturday when he realised he's turfed Harry out the cup

Drastioc Sturgeon vs ldnfatso 6-3
On paper this was probably the tie of the round, but Drastic sweeps fasto aside with ease to reach the last 16

davidovolic vs Roxy 3-5
Roxy holds the female torch alone after all the rest of her cavern are first round victims

First Round Review (Part Two)

Wickford Shrimper vs DoDtS 9-4
On paper this looked an easy win for Pete, but Richie tore up the form book to go through to round two

Harold Bishop Killer vs Cricko 4-9
Crick hardly breaks sweat as he locks the killer up behind bars

Kristof vs Emu 6-4
Emma has only posted a couple of rounds this season so far and Kristof is in far too good a vein of form to miss his opportunity

Number 11 vs Tinks 7-3
League leader she may be but Jackie is no match here and is easily beaten

The Big Shrimp vs Lucky Luca 3-10
Young Luca is no respector of stature as TBS sufferers a cup hammering

Cyril Sneer vs ol blue eyes 5-6
One of only 2 ties seperated by a single point and my mate Dave goes the same way as me, out the exit door

seves vs Brettie Angell 5-0
Bretties blank week was always going to lead to his cup exit, and its to seves advantage as he makes the next round

Dave the Shrimper vs D.O.L.L 12-7
The final first round match proves to be the best, you could argue its a shock as lowly Baker see's off Lucas dad, but Dave has won silverware in each of the last 2 seasons and is looking for more this year it seems

So there we have it, 16 ties and 16 winners so no replays required .. i'll do the draw for those lucky enough to still be involved ( :darkcloud: ) next weekend

Oh FFS, I've not been reading everything and had no idea this was starting so early. Damn and blast. Roxy, you better get your thinking head on and show these men we're not complete imbeciles.

Blimey I didn't realise this had already started and I got through! Mind you after my recent form I better get in :training:for the 2nd rnd.

Second Round Draw

Ties to be played on Tuesday 28th September (Gillingham away)

Shrimpersarmy vs seves
manor15 vs Cricko
Roxy vs Kristof
BLUEBLOOD Junior vs Nobby Snide
South247 vs WickfordShrimper
Number11 vs ol' blue eyes
Lucky Luca vs Dave the Shrimper
class vs Drastic Sturgeon

Its ok, you've drawn class and he's in even worse form than you if thats possible ;)

Unfortunately Lee is correct, my form is shocking so far!! I think I've gone off the rails after I was robbed of victory in the World Cup version. ;)

By Popular Demand it's DoDtS's take on the 2nd round of the Cup, Current league positions shown,

All in fun no offence intended (except for Ldnfatso of course who's far game for everyone).

SHRIMPERSARMY vs SEVES 2nd v 18th
SA beaten semi finalist in the Summer Cup, and beaten finalist in the Christmas Cup, seems to have the upper hand against Seves but then he disposed of Brettie angell with ease in the first round.
DoDtS’s prediction: Sorry Seves but with SAs pedigree I think the tie will go his way.

MANOR15 vs CRICKO 21st v 4th
Former Christmas Cup winner Manor 15, who saves his best performances for the cup takes on Cricko. It’s amazing how somebody of Cricko’s age can remember to predict each week
DoDtS’s prediction: Sorry Cricks, manor15s will march on.

ROXY vs KRISTOF 20th V 10th
Could this be women’s year, are they going to humiliate the men? Kristof finished in the top ten in the league last year but is he ready to be humiliated?
DoDtS’s prediction: Kristof I fear you will let down the South Upper front row, Roxy’s tie.

BLUEBLOOD JUNIOR vs NOBBY SNIDE 28th = v 35th
Is Blueblood senior proud or embarrassed that his son is so much better than him? Since Nobby put out Dad, can he do the same to the son, does he have a vendetta against the family blueblood?
DoDtS’s prediction: Junior believe, you will progress.

SOUTH247 vs WICKFORDSHRIMPER 28th= v 26th
South247 showed no mercy on OBL in the first round and as for Wickfordshrimper how could be so cruel as to beat me in the first round I had to go into hiding for a week.
DoDtS’s prediction: This tie has draw written all over it.

NUMBER 11 vs OL' BLUE EYES 13th V 19th
Number 11 eased past Tinks in the first round and doing nicely in the League, while OBE struggled against Cyril Sneer and has yet to find form in the league.
DoDtS’s prediction: OBE you may need more than blue eyes for this tie, I plump for No.11

LUCKY LUCA vs DAVE the SHRIMPER 5th v 15th
You can sense the humiliation in the air, DtS a spent force, taking on Southend’s future No. 1 twenty years younger than Dave the cup imposter.
DoDtS’s prediction: Pride of the South Upper goes to LL

CLASS vs DRASTIC STURGEON 27th v 16th
Class made the second round with a massive two points and a walkover while DS put out Zone bad boy Ldnfatso. Fasto so upset by this had all his hair shaved off
DoDtS’s prediction: Should go DSs way unless Fastos put a contract out on him.

best of luck to all

DoDtS

Last edited:
ROXY vs KRISTOF 20th V 10th
Could this be women’s year, are they going to humiliate the men? Kristof finished in the top ten in the league last year but is he ready to be humiliated?
DoDtS’s prediction: Kristof I fear you will let down the South Upper front row, Roxy’s tie.

I'm away then but will ensure I post before I go, need to ensure the South Upper isnt let down, ps thanks for the confidence Pete!!!

I didn't even realise I was knocked out the cup , good luck in next round Dave , don't let my boy beat you , I will never hear the end of it

A great insight there as usual Pete, but what do the individuals themselves think of your predictions ?? Is DoDtS bigging you up without good cause? or has he written you off without so much as a second glance?

3 weeks to the ties so lets have some pre-match hype and argument !!!

After my shocking performance this week, it will need a big improvement :training:from me (representing the East Greens) to overturn one of the South Upper's favourites:Worthy:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back