• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
May I say that I am certainly more pro Ron Martin - than a "Martin Out" man.

However. Can we at SZ pass some kind of resolution stating that we as Southend United fans believe the ongoing talk, planning, arguing, pontificating etc, et, etc, over FF has to stop!!! I honestly believe it is time for the thousands of supporters to have a voice and demand a definitive answer to one simple question.

WILL SOUTHEND UNITED BUILD A NEW STADIUM AT FOSSETTS FARM? IF SO? WHEN???

Is time the people stood up loudly and shouted the question to Ron Martin, Southend United, Southend Borough Council, Rochford District Council, Developers and all other interested parties.

They ALL owe the people an answer.

This pops up every so often and whilst I absolutely agree with the sentiment isn't the general conclusion each time to liaise with the Supporters Trust to get the questions to the board.

SZ has no power to pass any kind of resolution but I agree it would be good to know what was going on. I was hoping that there'd be an announcement of some kind after the consultation open day thingy but its still very quiet.

May I say that I am certainly more pro Ron Martin - than a "Martin Out" man.

However. Can we at SZ pass some kind of resolution stating that we as Southend United fans believe the ongoing talk, planning, arguing, pontificating etc, et, etc, over FF has to stop!!! I honestly believe it is time for the thousands of supporters to have a voice and demand a definitive answer to one simple question.

WILL SOUTHEND UNITED BUILD A NEW STADIUM AT FOSSETTS FARM? IF SO? WHEN???

Is time the people stood up loudly and shouted the question to Ron Martin, Southend United, Southend Borough Council, Rochford District Council, Developers and all other interested parties.

They ALL owe the people an answer.

That's two questions. :smile:

Power to pass a resolution? Anybody has power to ask a question.
Yes, it comes up every now and then but to rely on a tiny number of few people at the Supporters Trust is not my point. If more and more people ask a question - there is greater pressure to provide an answer.

Ron doesn't have to tell us sod all sadly. Thought you'd realise that after 10+ years of pigs flying.

the architect told me at the presentation that he would be drawing up the new plans as we speak with a target date of getting them to committee before the next local elections which IIRC was March/April.

Ok.
Who cares??
Lets all moan to EACH OTHER on here about delays, promises and fairy tales. That will make a difference.

I know for a fact (was told directly by the person) that they do not care less what is said on SZ as it is only said on SZ.

See you all in twenty years and 5,000 threads on moving stadium. Tarra.

Ok.
Who cares??
Lets all moan to EACH OTHER on here about delays, promises and fairy tales. That will make a difference.

I know for a fact (was told directly by the person) that they do not care less what is said on SZ as it is only said on SZ.

See you all in twenty years and 5,000 threads on moving stadium. Tarra.

It's Ron's ball and he doesn't have to tell us anything.

Kev, don't shoot me mate. Only the messenger trying to be helpful! :'( :smile:

Not having a pop at you.
Is just that as far as I am aware, there has been a plan of some kind on the table every single day since Vic Jobson launched the initial new stadium idea in - 1985. That is NINETEEN EIGHTY-FIVE. A mere 30 years ago.

In that time, architects and developers have created works of art showing us new stadia, We have had council meetings, planning enquiries, planning permission. We have had the second largest supermarket in the entire land support the project, we have had club officials standing in council elections, we even had threats of moving to Basildon.
Are people not tired of this ongoing, boring, pointless nonsense??

I am.

Yes the stadium will be built per the plans the club supplied only a few weeks ago, its in the planning stage.

Thats the only answer you will get and the only answer Ron can give.

It hasnt been approved so he cant give you a date of when it will be built.

Yes the stadium will be built per the plans the club supplied only a few weeks ago, its in the planning stage.

Thats the only answer you will get and the only answer Ron can give.

It hasnt been approved so he cant give you a date of when it will be built.

Thanks Jam Man.
However, that is virtually word for word the same rhetoric that the club has supplied continuously since 1985.
Just how many times have different versions of a plan been supplied and even passed?
No spade EVER goes anywhere near the proposed site of a new stadium.
More plans submitted...here we go - YET AGAIN.
Surely nobody believes it anymore?

It seems to many people have such short memories. In 2010 Sainsbury's sat back and thought lets not worry about the start of FF. Looks like we will be starting with RH as SUFC are about to become extinct.

How about a launch at the Blues lounge with Paul Sturrock and his only two professional players at the club. Yes we seem to have done well both on and off the pitch since then. Really we are out of intensive care but we are still in the observation ward.

The stance I adopt is that one day the club will probably fold due to the inability of its chairman to move ground and everything else that may happen to the contrary would be a bonus !

I find because of this I cannot get too upset with the continuous will it won't it stuff that rears its ugly head from time to time!

In a few years time. When we are still at the Hall, we will be having persons from other clubs coming to Roots Hall just to experience what it was like to be in a good old fashion football ground. People will get bored of their sole less bowls that they sit in, and will want to come and remember what it once was like, back in the day.Snr.

Thanks Jam Man.
However, that is virtually word for word the same rhetoric that the club has supplied continuously since 1985.
Just how many times have different versions of a plan been supplied and even passed?

Unfortunately It doesnt matter how you feel about it or how frustrated you may be, thats the current situation and demanding anything else will just add to your frustration.

We have been given an update on the current situation very recently, thats all that we can expect at present.

The next stage is getting the plans approved, until that happens nothing else can happen.

Thanks Jam Man.

If you do not believe it then surely you must think the opposite is true? You must believe we are not going to build a new stadium and so no resolution is necessary and whatever RM or the council say will make no difference to your viewpoint.

Back