• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you be able to make a shindig on Sat 30th April?

• Total voters
We need to work on the location this year. The spread is to much of a dive.

Craig gross is now like events manager at bar vic (nearly refurbished & stones throw away from roots hall) ideal location and craig might get us a deal !

I should see him tomorrow so Ill ask!

I was thinking about the Spread when I mentioned it to Girthy the other day. Or maybe somewhere a bit more classier?!

Nelson???:hilarious:

Woah Woah!!!!

Get in line!! :stunned:

Either line am sure you be at teh back of it :winking:

Why do I get the feeling we will be rattling around in the Shrimpers next week.

:thumbdown: :tumbleweed:

TBH we cannot go ahead with it with these sort of numbers so I suggest we cancel it now before they lay on bar staff for 12 of us and go for a beer in the Railway or somewhere else you can play darts The Shrimpers bar is not open after games anymore, they were just going to open it for us ..I said numbers would be a lot higher than these.

Wino will have a few going John!!!

I will speak to him today but I still don't think it will be enough...maybe the thought of being inside when this weather is about is putting people off and you cannot blame them if that is the case.

TBH we cannot go ahead with it with these sort of numbers so I suggest we cancel it now before they lay on bar staff for 12 of us and go for a beer in the Railway or somewhere else you can play darts The Shrimpers bar is not open after games anymore, they were just going to open it for us ..I said numbers would be a lot higher than these.

Speak to Wino mate and see what sort of numbers we are looking at.

Last year was pretty quiet, but this year looks like being almost dead.

Shame, but I think John's right, we can't hire out the bar and make people work when it is not necessary..

Oh and the weather next Sat, is likely to be very different to what we have now...

Last edited:
Can't we just gatecrash somewhere else then? Even with the lack of numbers we had last year, it was still a good night, so we could still all plan to head somewhere after the game, catch up and have a nice evening amongst fellow Shrimpers. I heard last night that the Railway might be an option?

Can't we just gatecrash somewhere else then? Even with the lack of numbers we had last year, it was still a good night, so we could still all plan to head somewhere after the game, catch up and have a nice evening amongst fellow Shrimpers. I heard last night that the Railway might be an option?

Yeah lash up in the railway!!

I am game

Anyone going to forewarn Pete in The Railway? .. i'll be in there pre-match but he might sort a DJ or put a bit of extra food on if we get a few in

Back