• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

‘Sunrise to Sunset Charity Football Match’

We at ShrimperZone FC are currently in the process of organising a charity football event, to raise money and awareness for the Angelina Our Star Appeal. The main event will be a continuous 11-a-side “Sunrise to Sunset” football match.

The Angelina Our Star Appeal (charity number: 235825) is a local charity that has been set up in memory of Angelina Vidler, who lost her life at the age of 5 and a half to Wilms’ tumor – a rare childhood cancer. All monies raised will help to fund a new project at Great Ormond Street Childrens’ Hospital, which will transform the Hospital's ability to develop safer and more effective new treatments for children with cancer. For more information about the charity please see their website http://www.angelinaourstar.org.uk/

The event itself will be held on Saturday 9th May at the PlayFootball centre (next to The Chase in Prittlewell – http://www.playfootball.net/Southend/index.htm ) who have kindly agreed to let us hold the event there. In accordance with the sunrise and sunset times for this date the game will kick off at precisely 5.11am and the final whistle will be at 8.35pm. The match will be a continuous game and we require teams to play on behalf of a ‘select XI’ to take on a ‘SZFC XI’. These teams will represent the select XI for slots of 1, 2 or 3 hours, before being substituted en masse for the replacement team. It will though remain one match, with a running score kept throughout the day.

As well as inviting along Sunday League teams which we play against in a normal season, we are also looking to play various “Representative XI’s” i.e. The Referee’s will be putting a team together for the day.

We would like to invite members of ShrimperZone, who are not already part of SZFC, to come together and form a “SZ.com XI” to take part in this day and play in an hours slot. Obviously if the interest is high then we can look to extend this to 2 or 3 hours if need be. McNasty has already volunteered to manage this side, so you will be well looked after. The cost to each player is £5 for an hours slot.

If you are interested in taking part in this great day and playing for “SZ.com XI”, then please either PM me or reply to this thread.

We will be looking at setting up a JustGiving site in the near future, so even if you are unable to play on the day, you can still contribute to this extremely worthwhile cause, and all donations will be greatly accepted.

Also, we will be producing a programme for this event, so if you, or your company would like to appear in the programme, please contact me and we can discuss the next step.

As well as having the “Sunrise to Sunset” football match going on we are planning on having other methods to raise money for the Angelina Our Star Appeal. Subject to confirmation, these are likely to include; a raffle, crossbar challenge and a hardest shot competition.

We plan on making a night of it as well, and will have full use of the Function Room in the evening for a well-deserved refreshment, where we would hope to have as many of you along that took part in the event, and of course all ShrimperZoners will be welcome to come along to see how knackered we all are!!

If you are interested and require any other information please do not hesitate to contact me via email (davidgracie@hotmail.com), Private Message or just reply to this thread.

We look forward to seeing lots of you on the day.

David Gracie

On behalf of The ShrimperZone FC Committee.

I am the world's worst goalie but I have my own gloves and would do the first stint if needed.

As stated on the other thread in chit-chat, i'll be there to kick lumps out of someone no doubt;)
I can play anywhere too. In my time i've played right-back at Canvey, striker for White Ensign but played most of my "career" at centre-mid. Let me know when the knock-about is and i'll pick up Rusty maybe as well.

As stated on the other thread in chit-chat, i'll be there to kick lumps out of someone no doubt;)
I can play anywhere too. In my time i've played right-back at Canvey, striker for White Ensign but played most of my "career" at centre-mid. Let me know when the knock-about is and i'll pick up Rusty maybe as well.

Duly noted bloke

And just a reminder for anyone wishing to participate, you don't need to pay just a fiver. If you want to put in a bit extra, it is well appreciated. Its for such a good cause and a cause that could help save the lives of young children

Anything to do with Great Ormand street and i'm in, let me know the dates and what not.

Be good to have you on board. It's on the 9th of May, kick off at sunrise, final whistle at sunset, though which slots the Zone board take will I guess be decided in due course depending on availability of the posters.

We also have sole use of the bar up there, with final scores, presentation and raffle taking place sometime after the final whistle. Even if people don't want to play / can't play, it would be good to have people come along to cheer on their Zone heroes (?!) and support the event!

I am the world's worst goalie but I have my own gloves and would do the first stint if needed.

Thats the spirit! We are not looking for world beaters, just be great to get a team made up of posters from this board.....

Thats the spirit! We are not looking for world beaters, just be great to get a team made up of posters from this board.....

Excuse me ! Number 11 is the opposition and if you saw him play you would know why he wants our team not to be world beaters. Next he will be saying our players should be over 75, which means we will field 11 Crickos. :)

So far we have Bobby G, Rob M, DWB and shrimp and 2 veg confirmed. Any other definites?

Excuse me ! Number 11 is the opposition and if you saw him play you would know why he wants our team not to be world beaters. Next he will be saying our players should be over 75, which means we will field 11 Crickos. :)

So far we have Bobby G, Rob M, DWB and shrimp and 2 veg confirmed. Any other definites?

Yep I'm In..:)

Is Rusty also a definite?

Actually my posts on this is in my role as helping organise the thing. Would be really good to see as many Zoners as possible come over.
And Im concerned...your post is implying Cricko aint playing?! :stunned: Surely he will be the Alex Revell-like workhorse / target man! Or perhaps all the owners could make up the back 5?!

Last edited:
Is Rusty also a definite?

Actually my posts on this is in my role as helping organise the thing. Would be really good to see as many Zoners as possible come over.

And Im concerned...your post is implying Cricko aint playing?! :stunned: Surely he will be the Alex Revell-like workhorse / target man!

I can't play Cricko as he told me he wants to be pulled off at half-time and I told him it's oranges or nothing.

I echo number 11's post, we need as many as possible so we fill several hourly slots.

Back