• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore - MK Shrimper, dave, Richard_Cadette, Billericay Blue, Dan of The Match
Duncan Jupp - ldnfasto, Irish Shrimper
Billy Best - McNasty, canveyshrimper, SUFCbaldy
Sid Broomfield - Pennyfather,Cricko, Mr Wooly, Hooly, Nzamba Legend, UtS,
Scott Houghton (presumably because Tommy Black wasn't eligible) - Stereoscene
Dave Smith - Napster
Brett Angell - SUFC_Al, Leathers20
Ricky Otto - Pubey
Chris Powell - Brettie_Angell,Southend Neil, JohnnyO, HudsonNo1, OBL
Paul Clark - Lord Footy,CS-Boy
Richard Cadette - Uxbridge Shrimper
Phil Whelan - Jonny Stokes
Ron Pountney - Suffolk Blue , Firestorm , JoshC,CS-Boy,shrimp and two veg
Sir David Webb - Kent Shrimper, Rusty Shackleford
Paul "Sammy" Sansome - Matt the Shrimp
Scott Forbes - Ricey
Alan Moody-CS Boy
Ian Benjamin-The Big Shrimp

Stan Collymore - MK Shrimper, dave, Richard_Cadette, Billericay Blue, Dan of The Match
Dave Smith - Napster
Ricky Otto - Pubey
Sir David Webb - Kent Shrimper, Rusty Shackleford, ElstreeBlue
Scott Forbes - Ricey
Alan Moody-CS Boy

PS - It's ridiculous that Tilly is not on here - can we change the rules?

And that Alan Moody has only one vote and that Freddy isn't on there! I know what you mean about changing the rules - maybe 3 nominations each, or if yours gets the magic 5 and goes through, you get another one or something?

I think we should also be indicating they have reached the magic 5, as we have one now with 6, which is a wasted vote really. Maybe delete the nominating names and put "qualified"?

And that Alan Moody has only one vote and that Freddy isn't on there! I know what you mean about changing the rules - maybe 3 nominations each, or if yours gets the magic 5 and goes through, you get another one or something?

I think we should also be indicating they have reached the magic 5, as we have one now with 6, which is a wasted vote really. Maybe delete the nominating names and put "qualified"?

It isn't a wasted vote as when I do the next poll - probably early next week - whoever has the most nominations (or in the case of the tie whoever reached that number the earliest) goes first.

I have deliberately allowed only one nomination per person as I want people to think carefully before nominating. If you'd felt so strongly about Alan Moody you should have nominated him instead of Chris Powell.

I'll basically do one poll a week until everyone who has enough nominations has been voted on. I'll then re-open nominations and you'll have another chance to nominate ONE individual only, so choose carefully.

Tilly remains a future HoF until he's been gone two seasons. I hope he remains a future HoFer for many years to come. The rule has been put in place for a purpose and I'm not prepared to bend that rule even for Tilly.

It isn't a wasted vote as when I do the next poll - probably early next week - whoever has the most nominations (or in the case of the tie whoever reached that number the earliest) goes first.

I have deliberately allowed only one nomination per person as I want people to think carefully before nominating. If you'd felt so strongly about Alan Moody you should have nominated him instead of Chris Powell.

I'll basically do one poll a week until everyone who has enough nominations has been voted on. I'll then re-open nominations and you'll have another chance to nominate ONE individual only, so choose carefully.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not regretting my vote for Lord Powell but I'm now getting itchy fingers wanting to vote for my 2nd choice!

Dave Smith - Napster
Ricky Otto - Pubey
Scott Forbes - Ricey
Alan Moody-CS Boy

Sid Broomfield poll now up
http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46661

Dave Smith - Napster
Ricky Otto - Pubey
Richard Cadette - Uxbridge Shrimper / callan
Scott Forbes - Ricey
Alan Moody-CS Boy

Webby for me. He and Tilly have defined the two best periods in this club's history and as you have to have left the club to be eligible I hope Tilly isn't inducted for a very long time!

Dave Smith - Napster
Ricky Otto - Pubey
Richard Cadette - Uxbridge Shrimper / callan
Sir David Webb - Kent Shrimper, Rusty Shackleford, ElstreeBlue, Libertine
Scott Forbes - Ricey
Alan Moody-CS Boy

Surely Oliver Trigg has to be there. Without him, this thread wouldn't even exist, let alone the club.

Exactly what I was thinking the other day! Perhaps he ought to have some automatic "right" and not have to go through this part of the process.

Tilly remains a future HoF until he's been gone two seasons. I hope he remains a future HoFer for many years to come. The rule has been put in place for a purpose and I'm not prepared to bend that rule even for Tilly.

I completely understand the reasons for the rule, but I may have spotted a problem what if, Lord Chris of Powell were to come back as manager? Would he have to be thrown out of the HoF? Could someone who has been both a manager & player for the Blues get nominated twice, once as a player and once as a manager? Might help eradicate some problems.

Anyway a SZ SUFC Hall of Fame is an excellent idea YB, well done.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not regretting my vote for Lord Powell but I'm now getting itchy fingers wanting to vote for my 2nd choice!

Me too...

Surely Oliver Trigg has to be there. Without him, this thread wouldn't even exist, let alone the club.

An excellent point and one I'll be considering for the second round of nominations along with Dave Webb, Paul Sansome and Benji.

Exactly what I was thinking the other day! Perhaps he ought to have some automatic "right" and not have to go through this part of the process.

In the american sports Halls of Fame whole campaigns are mounted to get people nominated, perhaps we should start one for Oliver Trigg? I could make a signature banner ready for the second round of nominations......

I completely understand the reasons for the rule, but I may have spotted a problem what if, Lord Chris of Powell were to come back as manager? Would he have to be thrown out of the HoF? Could someone who has been both a manager & player for the Blues get nominated twice, once as a player and once as a manager? Might help eradicate some problems.

Not a problem, he'd remain in the Hall of the Fame. The key thing is that he was elected having gone through the two year cooling off period.

Separating someone's career as a player and manager would be far more problematic.

Not a problem, he'd remain in the Hall of the Fame. The key thing is that he was elected having gone through the two year cooling off period.

Separating someone's career as a player and manager would be far more problematic.

Fair enough, there is a definate need for a cooling off period.

Fair enough, there is a definate need for a cooling off period.

Yeah, I want to ensure it is a reflection on their Southend career, not their last game.

With regards to someone like Trigg, campaign by all means. What attracts me to the idea of the Hall of Fame is celebrating the history of the club.

If the old time players aren't getting in because there just isn't the awareness I might consider a veteran's committee to consider players like Jimmy McAlinden that only Cricko will have seen play, but I'll wait a while to see how things are shaping up - so far we've had 2 nominated from the 90s, 1 from the 50s and 1 from the 70s so there appears to be a decent mix when you consider what have been our most successful periods.

Back