• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does that mean Frank's made it?

He's got enough nominations to go forward. I don't know the first thing about him, so Naps do you fancy writing and PM-ing me an introduction saying who he is and why he should be in the Hall of Fame.

The wrong Jonny

Oops sorry :whistling:

whoops- a public sorry is actually due to you, Jonny O; that 96th min equaliser reference was meant for Jonny Stokes (re Jimmy Jimmy's goal v Orient)- think I confused the O for Orient. Anyway, long as I keep taking the medication, I maybe ok... :dim:

**Bump**

Paul Sansome (2) - davewebbsbrain, streaky shrimper
Oliver Trigg (5) - Overseas Shrimper, Jonny O, dc80, bishmania Gt Yarmouth Shrimper
Leke Odunsi (1) - ldn fasto
David Webb (5) - Kent Shrimper, Bobby Greenburg , number 11, Libertine, Brettie Angell
Ron Pountney (6) - OBL , Firestorm, MK, canveyshrimper,shrimp and two veg,CsBoy
David Crown (1) - Southend Neil,
Frank Gill (6) - Irate Ian, Napster, shrimpfan, stevieGGG, Bob Cratchitt, Flying Scotsman
Ricky Otto (1) - Pubey
Billy Best (5) - PAK, Cambridge Blue, Hawkell Blue, Little Boy Blue, Shrimpero
Leon Cort (1) - AdamThe Shrimper
Alan Moody (1) - GHG

I'll keep the nominations open for another week and if no-one else has reached five nominations, I'll open the third round of nominations.

I'm still a little surprised about the lack of nominations for Dave Smith, Ian Benjamin and Jimmy McAlinden and that Alan Moody has only one.

I'll nominate Roy Hollis. The club's all time leading goal scorer (who has a better goals per game ratio than the great Billy Best) is worthy of at least a nomination.

I understand that he was not a terrace legend like Best, Crown or Collymore, but he scored more goals than any of them, and surely that is the ultimate proof of the pudding (and the pudding is a football!) when it comes to strikers. In the famous FA Cup defeat against Bert Trautmann's Manchester City, Hollis forced the legendary German goalkeeper into what he described as 'the greatest save of my career'.

He may have been described as 'Gormless Hollis' by some, but Roy deserves some love.

Paul Sansome (3) - davewebbsbrain, streaky shrimper, Matt the Shrimp
Oliver Trigg (5) - Overseas Shrimper, Jonny O, dc80, bishmania Gt Yarmouth Shrimper
Leke Odunsi (1) - ldn fasto
David Webb (5) - Kent Shrimper, Bobby Greenburg , number 11, Libertine, Brettie Angell
Ron Pountney (6) - OBL , Firestorm, MK, canveyshrimper,shrimp and two veg,CsBoy
David Crown (1) - Southend Neil,
Frank Gill (6) - Irate Ian, Napster, shrimpfan, stevieGGG, Bob Cratchitt, Flying Scotsman
Ricky Otto (1) - Pubey
Billy Best (5) - PAK, Cambridge Blue, Hawkell Blue, Little Boy Blue, Shrimpero
Leon Cort (1) - AdamThe Shrimper
Alan Moody (2) - GHG, A Century Utd
Roy Hollis (1) - Rusty Shackleford

i would like to nominate steve tilson as an ex player,has he been nominated already?
does he have to be a ex shrimper? he is a ex player

Last edited:
i would like to nominate steve tilson as an ex player,has he been nominated already?
does he have to be a ex shrimper? he is a ex player

He has to have been an ex-Shrimper for 2 years. Hopefully that won't be the case for at least a couple of decades.

Back