• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SZ's Southend United Hall of Fame - 6th round of nominations

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Not sure how much time I'll have this week, so will start the next round of nominations now.

Rules are here.

Favourites to be nominated must include Dave Smith, who was surprisingly short of the 90% required, despite leading us to our first ever major silverware; Paul Clark top five in appearances and no-one has ever been promoted more often; and Jimmy McAlinden, midfield maestro who gets loads of mentions as our greatest ever player from the pre-Webb/Tilson eras.

I know you said you're busy, so thought I'd try to be helpful and put the nominations into the usual format for people to copy and paste from here on in:

Roy Hollis - SUFC Forever
Ian Benjamin - Suffolk Blue
Jimmy McAllinden - Napster
Paul Clark - fbm
Freddy Eastwood - Brettie Angell; OBL
Frankie Banks - Dave Smith's Love Child
Brett Angell - Dave Webb's Brain
Julian Hails - Ricey

Changed mine, Freddy left May 07 according to the SUFC database

Last edited:
I know you said you're busy, so thought I'd try to be helpful and put the nominations into the usual format for people to copy and paste from here on in:

Roy Hollis - SUFC Forever
Paul Clark - fbm
Frankie Banks - Dave Smith's Love Child;
Julian Hails - Ricey

I wasn't sure either, but he left 2 years ago didn't he?

Last edited:
Hmm it's a tough call this time round, leaning towards Benjamin or McAlinden at the moment, will have to give it some thought.

Last edited:
Roy Hollis - SUFC Forever, canveyshrimper,
Paul Clark - fbm
Frankie Banks - Dave Smith's Love Child
Julian Hails - Ricey

Roy Hollis - SUFC Forever, canveyshrimper,