• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

T20 Cricket World Cup

Group

A) Namibia beat Sri Lanka by 55 runs
B) Scotland beat West Indies by 42 runs

Sri lanka come back strongly and get their NRR to higher than Netherlands, if they beat the Netherlands then they are through. Not sure West indies have enough to qualify, if they do they will struggle.

Topley out of the world cup. Gutted for him. He was looking really good in the warmup games etc. He has improved immensely in the last couple of years.

Sri lanka come back strongly and get their NRR to higher than Netherlands, if they beat the Netherlands then they are through. Not sure West indies have enough to qualify, if they do they will struggle.
Sri Lanka and the Netherlands both qualify

India's Ravichandran Ashwin thought about trying a similar "Mankad" run-out thing with David Miller

India's Ravichandran Ashwin thought about trying a similar "Mankad" run-out thing with David Miller
And Miller was bat grounded waiting until release of the ball like a batter should. Mankad is within the rules, I don't know why it is frowned upon but batters trying to steal ground isn't?

Impressive bowling from England, meanwhile the batting looks a bit jittery imho

It was a close one but we never let the run rate get out of hand and I always felt we were in control and it was ours to lose. I look at our team and we look the most complete at the world Cup imo, we had 7 bowling options today and it didn't weaken our batting line up at all. We have 2 back up spinners in Livingstone and Ali who would be in the team on their batting alone. Anything can happen in t20 and the best team doesn't always win the world Cup but I do think we have the best team now, our weakness was a in the death bowling and I'd argue Curran is maybe the best in the world on current form. A lot to be positive about, just like in 2019

It was a close one but we never let the run rate get out of hand and I always felt we were in control and it was ours to lose. I look at our team and we look the most complete at the world Cup imo, we had 7 bowling options today and it didn't weaken our batting line up at all. We have 2 back up spinners in Livingstone and Ali who would be in the team on their batting alone. Anything can happen in t20 and the best team doesn't always win the world Cup but I do think we have the best team now, our weakness was a in the death bowling and I'd argue Curran is maybe the best in the world on current form. A lot to be positive about, just like in 2019
Brook and Livingstone in the middle order worry me. Both are fine players and worthy of their place in the side but I’m not sure what sort of form they are in. That’s one of the reasons the best teams don’t always win limited overs competitions as their bowlers and top order leave their middle order short of time in the middle by the time of the knockout stage.

Brook and Livingstone in the middle order worry me. Both are fine players and worthy of their place in the side but I’m not sure what sort of form they are in. That’s one of the reasons the best teams don’t always win limited overs competitions as their bowlers and top order leave their middle order short of time in the middle by the time of the knockout stage.
I get what you mean but livingstone had a 29* v Afghanistan and a 20 against NZ. Harry Brook hasn't fired in the world Cup yet but got a 49* against Pakistan on 17th October. Im not watching them and thinking they are out of touch, the nature of where they bat means they often don't have the luxury of playing themselves in. We all know the nature of t20 though and there isn't much margin for error, I'm confident we'd beat any team here in a 5 game series but any team is capable of beating us in a one off game. I'm glad that winning the toss isn't the massive advantage it was last time.

Back