• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

T20 Cricket World Cup

Pakistan through to the semis after South Africa fluff their lines against the Netherlands. I had 4 bets before the world Cup, England to win it, Pakistan to win it, Afghanistan to make the semis and hassaranga top wickets. Got 2 teams in the semis and hassaranga is 5 wickets clear of anyone who still has games to play 🤞🏻

Spent months backing SA here from 12s to 10s. Went off 7-8 range. Price factored in their supreme record of choking but that is a new low for them.

Pakistan matched as high as 1000 on Betfair to win it albeit for pennies. Thousands struck around 100-200 range though.

Screenshot_20221105_203953_com.bet365Wrapper.Bet365_Application.jpg

This one wins me the most. I have been steadily backing England with my weekly free £5 bet and stand to win £400 if England win it or £640 if Pakistan do. India look good though, Yadav just put on another masterclass hitting good balls for 6. Looks like we have India in the semis, I think getting Yadav out before he does damage is crucial

Hasaranga is going to win top bowler 2 years running. Fancied it less this time due to Aus rather than UAE but shows how good he is. Takes nearly as many wickets v the 'big' nations as he does in the qualifiers.

Yadav today hit the best shot of the tournament and then hit a better one 3 balls later (final ball of the innings). Obscenely good. India the team to beat, and with Adelaide giving joy to pace off today, it isn't playing to England's favour as a venue as it usually would in Big Bash or when Aus play home games there.

Hasaranga is going to win top bowler 2 years running. Fancied it less this time due to Aus rather than UAE but shows how good he is. Takes nearly as many wickets v the 'big' nations as he does in the qualifiers.

Yadav today hit the best shot of the tournament and then hit a better one 3 balls later (final ball of the innings). Obscenely good. India the team to beat, and with Adelaide giving joy to pace off today, it isn't playing to England's favour as a venue as it usually would in Big Bash or when Aus play home games there.
Yep a tough game, think the winner comes from our semi

And Miller was bat grounded waiting until release of the ball like a batter should. Mankad is within the rules, I don't know why it is frowned upon but batters trying to steal ground isn't?
I was listening to TMS in the car a couple of weeks ago during an England match and one of the commentators (can't remember who) was saying he hates the Mankad, but does have a proposal that would stop it. The problem was that the game moved on and the commentary team got side-tracked and didn't go back to the subject before I got home and turned the car off!

I'd love to know what the proposal was...

I was listening to TMS in the car a couple of weeks ago during an England match and one of the commentators (can't remember who) was saying he hates the Mankad, but does have a proposal that would stop it. The problem was that the game moved on and the commentary team got side-tracked and didn't go back to the subject before I got home and turned the car off!

I'd love to know what the proposal was...
The only proposal I can think of would be the bat has to be grounded when ball is released or the run doesn't count, much like when a team runs two and gets one knocked off if the runner is short on the turn. I don't really like the idea. I think stealing yards and mankad is OK, you want to steal yards you risk a mankad

The only proposal I can think of would be the bat has to be grounded when ball is released or the run doesn't count, much like when a team runs two and gets one knocked off if the runner is short on the turn. I don't really like the idea. I think stealing yards and mankad is OK, you want to steal yards you risk a mankad
As I said, I have no idea what the proposal was!

However, question for you: would you consider a scenario where a bowlers fakes to bowl, the batter starts to run thinking the ball has been bowled, and the bowler then takes the bails off to be acceptable?

As I said, I have no idea what the proposal was!

However, question for you: would you consider a scenario where a bowlers fakes to bowl, the batter starts to run thinking the ball has been bowled, and the bowler then takes the bails off to be acceptable?
I'd have to brush up on the rules but I have a distinct feeling that if a bowler does the bowling action but doesn't release then it is a dead ball, if so that couldn't happen. Like I say though, I'm not certain

Edit: I'm finding it hard to find clarity on this through Google though

Back