• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

T20 Cricket World Cup

Brilliant well done England.Well done to Pakistan they gave it everything

Our first ever T20 win at the MCG.

This team has come so far in white ball cricket since 2015 World Cup in Australia under the clueless Moores when we still thought picking Ian Bell and Gary Ballance was a good idea for a white ball competition.

That 2015 performance - already a disgrace - is put further into context when you consider that Buttler (hidden away at 7), Moeen and Woakes were part of that side, the now retired Morgan too; Hales was part of the squad but overlooked in favour of Bell; Jordan was in the squad too; Stokes was dropped from the final squad; Pietersen ostracised too. So much talent wasted. That’s at least 7 future World Cup winners available and yet we lost a 50 overs match before lunch to NZ, lost by over 100 runs at the MCG to the Aussies. And that’s not to mention overlooking attacking players like Roy and Billings.

To go from that to dominating white ball cricket is quite the turnaround. This team has been the gold standard pretty much ever since. This second trophy cements their legacy as not just innovators but winners. I cant think of a turnaround quite like it. They basically singlehanded revived one format and now won the hardest most unpredictable format too.

The 1st side to hold both white ball world cups at the same time. We have a great white ball side and Eoin Morgan has a lot to do with that, I think selflessly retiring for the good of the team when it must have been tempting to mske this his last hurrah shows that the guy really cares about this team.

The 1st side to hold both white ball world cups at the same time. We have a great white ball side and Eoin Morgan has a lot to do with that, I think selflessly retiring for the good of the team when it must have been tempting to make this his last hurrah shows that the guy really cares about this team.
I was in the Netherlands for the ODI series and he (Morgan) looked so out of touch.

The 1st side to hold both white ball world cups at the same time. We have a great white ball side and Eoin Morgan has a lot to do with that, I think selflessly retiring for the good of the team when it must have been tempting to mske this his last hurrah shows that the guy really cares about this team.
1000 percent agree on Morgan situation, weirdly never rated him but admired him for the hardest decision he must have ever made

You can see how much he means to all the players (other than Hales).

England’s finest captain since at least Brearley.

Back