• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As an aside i see the OS still doesn't have a full match report up some 26 hours after the game ended

something is broken in our club

Sorry James :raspberry: but if Sturrock is coming out and saying his team are "gutless" its clear there is disharmony in the camp and its a case of either he goes or they do .. we can't change 17/18 32/33 in February so change the 1

Or a one liner i've edited from a training course i attended many moons ago ... if you can't change the manager change the manager :winking:

I see the point you're making - but not that **** Allen!

Too late to change the direct tactics now. But at Burton give Dicko a rest and unleash 'the Flood'. It might not be pretty but he was brought here as a target man who can hold the ball up - lets see if he can reproduce what he showed at Col Ewe in the friendly. Supported by runners from midfield such as Martin (wide left), Hall (wide right), Timlin and Ferdinand with Grant playing just in front of the back four. Move Barker to LB (in absence of viable alternative) and partner Phillips with Baldwin. Mohsni, Sampson, Dicko and Harris as impact subs.

As an aside i see the OS still doesn't have a full match report up some 26 hours after the game ended

something is broken in our club

agree something is seriously gone wrong why the deadly silence is there a storm brewing in the background that peolpe on here keep hinting about, i have read several post over the last few days which keep dropping little hints but not expanding on there comments leaving everbody to pass there own opions on the forum

For me the strongest team we available have is:-

Morris

Clohessy Phillips Barker Prosser

Hall Grant Timlin Martin

Dickinson Harris

This would be, injury / suspension permitting, my starting line up for the remaining 13 games, instead of chopping & changing.

We need to play to the strengths of this team. Play the ball out from the back using the FB's. Clohessy & Prosser are both capable of a pass to midfield instead of the hoof. In Martin we have a player well above league 2 standard who will run at defences, take a man on & get round him & who can put a decent cross in. With Hall doing the same, as he is capable of, on the other wing this stretches defences.

Grant & Timlin are both comfortable on the ball & are capable of creating attacking play through the middle or feeding the wide men. Leave Barker & Phillips back, corners aside, & let the FB's link up with the wingers.

IMO Dickinson is a decent footballer, but his strengths are not winning the hoofed ball. Ball at feet & bringing others into play he does well & he's comfortable running at defenders too. Its almost criminal that the intelligence & experience of Harris hasn't been put to better use. If we kept the ball down & played football, we'd be playing to his strengths & goals would come.

Subs:
Benyon - An obvious replacement for a tiring Harris if needed
Mohsni - I love the guy, but there are better players for his position(s), CB or Striker, not winger, well not from the start anyway. As others have said, impact sub
Ferdinand - As he plays anywhere from in front of the CB's to behind the striker, a good midfield option to have on the bench.
Baldwin - Solid defender with a load of experience
Kalala - Nothing pretty about his play, but a solid CM

Just my thoughts..:winking:

Good point well made....especially in respect of Neil Harris. It staggers me that he hasn't been used more. All time record goalscorer at Millwall and he loves Southend United to boot. Used right he would have easily got into double figures and drawn others into goalscoring opportunities, he's a proven threat.....there's literally no argument against it.

Possibly Graham ... though may i point out i'm not one of them incase people think i am deliberately ****stirring .. i was just making a casual observation, i'm sure its nothing more sinister than Scrivs lack of desire in reliving those 90 minutes again

Possibly Graham ... though may i point out i'm not one of them incase people think i am deliberately ****stirring .. i was just making a casual observation, i'm sure its nothing more sinister than Scrivs lack of desire in reliving those 90 minutes again

Probably right Lee however, the photo's went up fairly quickly and normally the match report accompanies the photo's
Definately in my view something going on in the back room at the moment.
Problem we have now is that confidence is dropping very quickly and it is begining to show on the pitch.

i'm not referring to you at all venus at all i said my peice to ken the other day i recall posting somnething some time ago and got my hand slapped for posting only half of the point i was trying to put across, but others on here can drop little hints and nothing is said

Maybe he's forgotten how to copy and paste from the Echo.

Morris
Glohessy, Barker, Phillips, Mohsni
Martin, Timlin, Grant, Hall
Dickinson, Harris/Benyon

No-one seems to mention Ryan Leonard. I think when we needed to grind out wins, his defensive qualities along with his threat from shooting really made us a compact unit. Be good to see him fit and back in the squad...

Morris
Glohessy, Barker, Phillips, Mohsni
Martin, Timlin, Grant, Hall
Dickinson, Harris/Benyon

No-one seems to mention Ryan Leonard, I think when we needed to grind out wins, his defensive qualities along with his threat from shooting really made us a compact unit. Be good to see him fit and back in the squad...

I imagine he would be the stand out player in evening games.:winking:

I see that they did a big spread on what's gone wrong with Southend United in the Echo yesterday. Tactics came out as one of the main reasons, mainly the hoofing up to Dickinson.

Onion_Bag_Dave said:
It's nice that our very own journalist has now adopted that hyperbolic nonsense and managed to squeeze a story out of it.

:smile:
Oh we've got a better one than that today - Southend's season of shame....:nope:

Back