• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Take care in the heat!

Italy is 71st. I tried to put a link on here to the list but it doesn't work.

It is quite easy to find though if you Google "population density by country and then look at the wikipedia one.

I've thought a bit more about this and especially about Greece. I know most Greeks live and work in Athens and the rest of the country is pretty much empty until you get to the coast. So it doesn't really answer your original question at all, but I'm sad enough to find it interesting,

That does surprise me, Everywhere I've been in Italy, they live on top of each other.....

Last edited:
Day 1 of the very hot stuff done. The temp outside is still 29°C so it will be a be warm sleeping tonight and then same again tomorrow. Lots of fluids and not too much exertion will be the order of the day for us again. Maybe even another Rossi in the evening, Extravagant bliss.

Considered installing aircon? This lovely weather is likely to be happening more and more going forward
Heat pumps could be the better way forward. They are able to heat the property as well as cool it and would continue to be used in the winter months when it's required to heat the building as apposed to air con which would sit not used for 10 months of the year.

How did
I've had the windows shut all day, with the blinds/curtains also shut. It doesn't feel stuffy at all, just nice and cool. Plus I've been drinking water - it helps to stay hydrated.

Depends what glass you have and where you live. I have a lot of full length windows but they have K glass. When the sun is low in the winter the sun passes through but reflects in summer.

Still didn’t stop me opening the bi fold doors and enjoying a sea breeze once the tide started coming in.

All-time temperature records should fall spectacularly in many places today.

I can see a few places topping 40c

It's already approaching 30c in a few places before 09:00.

Uncharted territory. Stay cool and hydrated everyone.

All-time temperature records should fall spectacularly in many places today.

I can see a few places topping 40c

It's already approaching 30c in a few places before 09:00.

Uncharted territory. Stay cool and hydrated everyone.
Currently 30.8 degrees c in my garden in wickford. Yesterday peaked at 37.5

It's already too hot for a rain/thunder and lightening dance

37.3c in Charlwood (Surrey) and Cambridge.

35c/36c in Southend and London areas.

The 38.7c all-time record will tumble this afternoon.

Edit: Record gone (provisionally) 39.1c now in Charlwood.

Also, it is now 37c in Southend, again an all-time record.

Noon and it's 36.6 in the garden.

Yesterday it was 35.2 at noon and the the peak of 37.5 was hit about 4pm

All-time UK record gone (provisionally) 39.1c now in Charlwood.

Also, it is now 37c in Southend, again an all-time record for the City.

40.2 at Heathrow.

Brrrrrrrr.

That's 107-8 ish. That's pretty hot...

If you was to put a joint of beef in the oven on that temp for 5-6 hours, if would cook right through, that's how hot it is.

Last edited:
That's 107-8 ish. That's pretty hot...

If you was to put a joint of beef in the oven on that temp for 5-6 hours, if would cook right through, that's how hot it is.
104f.

104.36 to be more precise.

(x9/5 +32) to go the other way: -32 * 5/9

Looks like it's even got to the sky dish buggering the ODI viewing

Couple of serious grass fires have started i see.

Work basically told us to get back to the office by midday so got all my parcels and about 60% of the mail delivered today!

Back