• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Take care in the heat!

Take care in the sun everyone
Never thought I would say this as I love the sun and heat but we do now need some rain

I'm with you on that... Everything in my garden is dead....... I love the sun but can't wait for a good downpoor.

Finally got my pool up in the garden and it's lovely just wallowing in it.

Was away camping Monday to Friday and camping really wasn't the one. Hardly any shade and it was steaming in the tent by 7am. Found 3 beaches to go to during the stay and hardly and shade there either.
Lulworth Cove was stoney and rammed, Kimmeridge Bay was stoney and busy but Swanage probably has one of the best beaches in the uk. Lovely and long and fab sand. Was a much more enjoyable 2 hours than the other 2 beaches.

Finally got my pool up in the garden and it's lovely just wallowing in it.

Was away camping Monday to Friday and camping really wasn't the one. Hardly any shade and it was steaming in the tent by 7am. Found 3 beaches to go to during the stay and hardly and shade there either.
Lulworth Cove was stoney and rammed, Kimmeridge Bay was stoney and busy but Swanage probably has one of the best beaches in the uk. Lovely and long and fab sand. Was a much more enjoyable 2 hours than the other 2 beaches.
Went to Lulworth Cove on Mon 20th June, it was crowded then!. Car park charge £5 ( rip off ) & all shops contactless payment only. Farce when all you wanted was an ice cream from one, or a fridge magnet from another.
They had litter collectors everywhere, why on earth people drop their rubbish on the cliff walks or the beach, i've no idea?. There were ample rubbish bins everywhere.

Went to Lulworth Cove on Mon 20th June, it was crowded then!. Car park charge £5 ( rip off ) & all shops contactless payment only. Farce when all you wanted was an ice cream from one, or a fridge magnet from another.
They had litter collectors everywhere, why on earth people drop their rubbish on the cliff walks or the beach, i've no idea?. There were ample rubbish bins everywhere.
The parking charges all over that area are extortionate. £5 for up to 4 hours is a lot but you could drive round to Durdle door and use that car park under the same ticket.

The price of food, drinks and ice cream was extortionate too. A single pasty was £6.50. We were there on Tuesday and there was hardly any wifi to take payments so everywhere wanted cash payments only which meant a walk back to the visitor centre and a £1.95 fee at the cash machine

The parking charges all over that area are extortionate. £5 for up to 4 hours is a lot but you could drive round to Durdle door and use that car park under the same ticket.

The price of food, drinks and ice cream was extortionate too. A single pasty was £6.50. We were there on Tuesday and there was hardly any wifi to take payments so everywhere wanted cash payments only which meant a walk back to the visitor centre and a £1.95 fee at the cash machine
Double standards when it suits them?. Joke!.

RAIN........ Whoop Whoop.

My house guttering and the street guttering can't cope, they must be clogged up with all kinds of dried up rubbish thats accumulate over the last 4 months.

Following a clap of thunder we've just had a strong wind and about 15 minutes of rain. This was followed by another clap of thunder just now and, pooooof, the rain has gone.

For the benefit of @Pale Blue Dot this was in the Bridgewater Drive area.

Following a clap of thunder we've just had a strong wind and about 15 minutes of rain. This was followed by another clap of thunder just now and, pooooof, the rain has gone.

For the benefit of @Pale Blue Dot this was in the Bridgewater Drive area.

Yep 15 minutes was about it in Leigh too. Just not enough.....The wind that came with it was quite refreshing, now back to hot and sticky again..

Last edited:
Raining in Leigh. Washing soaking after we came back from Chelmsford. No rain funnily enough until we hit Leigh. Unfortunately this doesn't help Hanningfield. Did a little research and we want it to pelt so the Chelmer and Blackwater get full enough as this is then pumped from the 2 rivers into Hanningfield. There is a big pumping station at Langford near Maldon originally powered by steam

built by Southend water company in 1927 and is now a museum (anybody been there?). It seems that it was upgraded when Hanningfield was built in the 1950s and from what I can gather it fills Hanningfield but with electric pumps.

Raining in Leigh. Washing soaking after we came back from Chelmsford. No rain funnily enough until we hit Leigh. Unfortunately this doesn't help Hanningfield. Did a little research and we want it to pelt so the Chelmer and Blackwater get full enough as this is then pumped from the 2 rivers into Hanningfield. There is a big pumping station at Langford near Maldon originally powered by steam

built by Southend water company in 1927 and is now a museum (anybody been there?). It seems that it was upgraded when Hanningfield was built in the 1950s and from what I can gather it fills Hanningfield but with electric pumps.
Museum of steam and power is a great way to kill a few hours with a nice tea rooms. Have some events there as well. Well worth a visit

Strange here in Eastwood
Came out of DL Club to rain and thought whoop, whoop - drove up to the Bell House and no rain?????????

Back