• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Taking things back to shops

desire

Being a complete pussy, I've never taken anything back to shops, but my earphones have broken after a week (no sound in one ear, and sometimes no ears), so I'm contemplating taking them back. They were only a tenner, but they shouldn't not work after a week. Will HMV just give me another pair, which is basically what I want, or will they tell me to **** off? I've got the receipt and everything, I just hate rejection
sad.gif

For the threads sake also, any humorous stories about taking things back to shops.

Being a complete pussy, I've never taken anything back to shops, but my earphones have broken after a week (no sound in one ear, and sometimes no ears), so I'm contemplating taking them back. They were only a tenner, but they shouldn't not work after a week. Will HMV just give me another pair, which is basically what I want, or will they tell me to **** off? I've got the receipt and everything, I just hate rejection
sad.gif

For the threads sake also, any humorous stories about taking things back to shops.

If you've got a receipt then they should replace it no probs

sad.gif

You have every right to take them back, has long as you have the receipt they should just swap them over

I've just realised I bought them eight days ago, getting nervous again now, thanks guys :(

Most shops are pretty good these days. Just take them back and they will change them.

Dont go in there all shy acting like they are doing you a favour though, its far better to be a bit brash and act as if you have been put out by having to come back.

My mate took a vibrator back to Anne Summers after being used. She told the shop assistant that "the balls inside arent going round anymore". She then went on to say "dont worry its all been femi-wiped and that". I was cringeing at her side while she went through this process. They happily refunded it though and she got a shiny new one.....

Most shop assistants don't give a monkeys what you return.

It's only if you encounter a manager or someone with aspirations of management that you run into problems.

That said most consumer goods should last longer than a week so you have every right to a refund.

I also used to never complain/demand my rights as a consumer until about two years ago, now If I not happy about a service/product I complain to the highest ranking person possible I have also picked up a few extras along the way, take em back and get ones that work

Just remember you're the customer, and try to look like you'll cause a scene if they're not reasonable. If that fails start dribbling and biting your shoulder, they'll change them just to get rid of you.

My mate took a vibrator back to Anne Summers after being used. She told the shop assistant that "the balls inside arent going round anymore". She then went on to say "dont worry its all been femi-wiped and that". I was cringeing at her side while she went through this process. They happily refunded it though and she got a shiny new one.....

Well as yuck as it sounded , the product failed in its task it was designed for you fair play to your mate ... plus i wouldnt use Ann summers , now Taboo in brighthton ;)

Well as yuck as it sounded , the product failed in its task it was designed for you fair play to your mate ... plus i wouldnt use Ann summers , now Taboo in brighthton ;)

Well it was actually quite funny and when we got out the shop I couldnt stop laughing just because she had the guts to do it!

DEMAND! to see the manager, SHOUT at the top of your voice "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM!"

Works a treat, every time :D

I once took a pair of shoes back to Ravels in Southend, the sole had separated from the upper after I had worn the shoes a couple ot times.

The shop assistant look at the offending shoe and in an accusatory tone said "You've been walking in these haven't you?"

It's not often I'm lost for words but I was dumbfounded for a few moments, before finally regaining my voice, I then requested the manager and eventually got a full refund.

My advice to anyone returning defective goods is to stand your ground, and complain bitterly, you'll generally get what you want as the staff will want you out of the store asap.

Bloke I used to work with never bought a pair of shoes in the 6 years I worked with him !

all he would do is wear them for about 8 months to a year then take them back to say they were leaking or suchlike and they repeatedly changed them for him.

Still amazed he got away with it....

I also don't like returning things, but if you're in the right then don't worry. I usually try the reasonable approach first and if that gets nowhere (most shops respond in a similarly reasonable way in my experience) then become irate and demand to see a superior.

my missus is an expert at returning stuff, she always does it for her work colleagues who are too shy or have been refused and she always manages to get a result!

I love the Lee Evans bit in XL about women powering walking in to shops returning stuff:

"Blouse. ****. Money. **** off" :D

Back