• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
Who here at the beginning of the season could have predicted Northampton , Bristol Rovers and Exeter would be fighting to avoid relegation to the Conference. Torquay need a major miracle to avoid it.Wycombe also in the fight against relegation i think Harltpool are safe as is Accrington Stanley.But i never envisaged the 3 teams i mentioned being in relegation trouble. Shows how tight league 2 is and how competitive.

Anyone can beat anyone in this league. I had money on Exeter to go up, and Hartlepool have only just come down from L1. Meanwhile tinpot clubs like Burton and Fleetwood are at the top of the table!!!

I think I'll save my money next year.

Good thread!
This is hard to call for sure. Exeter are now in big trouble too.
My guess would be Wycombe going down with Torquey, they are in disarray ; but Rovers have no away form either. Big teams for this league and giants in the conference.

Think Wycombe would have been a lot of people's favourites for promotion as well. Exeter should be ok with 3 teams beneath them with just two games to go.

Look a couple of leagues up and you have Birmingham and Blackpool very close to going into League One as well !

I used to live in Exeter so would rather they stay up at the expensive of Wycombe. A dick of a man once accused me of damaging his car while on route to Wycombe while I used to watch Exeter while exiled there. No brainer really.

So, who's staying up? Torquay look all but gone, needing 2 wins from 2 to stand any chance of staying up, along with other results going their way.

Remaining Games:

Accrington: Oxford (A), Wimbledon (H)

Morecambe: Wimbledon (A), Bury (H)

Exeter: Scunthorpe (H), Hartlepool (A)

Wycombe: Bristol Rovers (H), Torquay (A)

Bristol Rovers: Wycombe (A), Mansfield (H)

Northampton: Dagenham (A), Oxford (H)

Torquay: Mansfield (A), Wycombe (H)

A few playing each other over the last 2 games of the season, so could be very interesting

Anyone can beat anyone in this league. I had money on Exeter to go up, and Hartlepool have only just come down from L1. Meanwhile tinpot clubs like Burton and Fleetwood are at the top of the table!!!

I think I'll save my money next year.

That's because it's about the team that plays, not the size of the club. Burton and Fleetwood have better teams than the others you mention.

Not always about having better teams ( as in players), i think it comes down a lot to being better managed, happier dressing room,and more stabibilty behind the scenes .Most here having followed SUFC know what can happen ,even when you have good players ,when you have an unhappy changeroom ( ala Mohsni , Hall etc )

Back