• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fine, I may sound negative at times, but bar two games I have not missed a minutes football for this club all season. My views are based on my knowledge and the knowledge of my friends and family who are involved at the club.

You can dress it up as much as you like, but the bottom line is we are being run into the ground again and the transfer embargo and non payment of wages is only the tip of the iceberg imo.

I too am happy that we are in 9th position -ecstatic actually - and yes I am delighted we are not in the position of Stockport!

What, even with Matt Paterson banging in the goals for them?! :stunned:

:winking: :smiles:

Still think he will be a good asset in the longterm :winking:

Afraid I disagree.

Why does this make you any better than anyone else?

Who said at any point I was better than anyone else? In any threads have I tried to be better than anyone else? No, I give my opinion as how I see it - if you don't like it fine - but it's still my opinion.

And this makes your argument better why exactly ?

Ditto?

So your knowledge is based on exactly the same information that i get, as i too have friends who work for the club!

Therefore we have come to the same conclusion? No, not after your reaction to my thread - regardless we all have opinions - I will stick to mine as I am sure you will to yours.

What, even with Matt Paterson banging in the goals for them?! :stunned:

I'll take this in the jest it was meant - lol. :smile:

However nobody can justify what has happend to Paterson - he's got goals in him, as he's proving, and we continue to play unfit/unwell players and are unable to sign any new strikers because of the embargo? I just don't understand not recalling him and getting him to score goals for us? Makes no sense when you read that RM drives to Chelmsford and picks up a convicted criminal and drives him all the way to Morecambe to make sure he plays?

My opinons, but once again I sit and wait for the usual retorts.

Interesting to see the difference of opinion on here regarding Tara Brady. I still think back to his phone-in on BBC Essex when he stated that he and Ron were on the same wavelength regarding business! To me, that doesn't tick the right boxes I'm afraid.
Regarding the debate about someone taking over this club. History has shown that almost always, there is someone or a group willing to take over an ailing football club. They do not see it as a profit related vehicle always though. People are saying who wants to take over a loss making business but many will and do.
Barry Hearn for instance said the other day that the only loss making business he has is Leyton Orient FC.
As many people allude to on here, most clubs are bankrolled by its Chairman or its board. This could be Hearn, Cowling, Gold and Sullivan etc. The difference between those guys and Martin is that they have money whereas our chairman is skint!

However nobody can justify what has happend to Paterson - .[/QUOTE]

says who? It's never a good tactic to believe you speak for everyone. He's not up to scratch, goals or no goals for Stockport. And someonne said on here he's on £1,500 a week. If that is true and i cannot believe it, no wonder we're skint.

says who? It's never a good tactic to believe you speak for everyone. He's not up to scratch, goals or no goals for Stockport. And someonne said on here he's on £1,500 a week. If that is true and i cannot believe it, no wonder we're skint.

Yeah we don't want another goalscorer playing upfront for Southend. Goals are overrated, Corr & Pato might get 20 each if played together but I'd prefer a Sturrock/Crawford/new loan signing combo.

Didn't mention the transfer embargo or the fact that the players were paid for the first time this year - today.

Don't trust him, he's an asset stripper here to take us down to the bare bones - smoke and mirrors with this spiv - he might sound good on the radio but behind the scenes it's a disaster.

Did he mentioned bounced cheques, no. Did he mentioned two further winding up orders, no etc..............just says what the gullible want to hear.

Players or player?

Interesting to see the difference of opinion on here regarding Tara Brady. I still think back to his phone-in on BBC Essex when he stated that he and Ron were on the same wavelength regarding business! To me, that doesn't tick the right boxes I'm afraid.
Regarding the debate about someone taking over this club. History has shown that almost always, there is someone or a group willing to take over an ailing football club. They do not see it as a profit related vehicle always though. People are saying who wants to take over a loss making business but many will and do.
Barry Hearn for instance said the other day that the only loss making business he has is Leyton Orient FC.
As many people allude to on here, most clubs are bankrolled by its Chairman or its board. This could be Hearn, Cowling, Gold and Sullivan etc. The difference between those guys and Martin is that they have money whereas our chairman is skint!

Who's going to be our Spencer Trethewy?

So what makes you always right all the time in gate crashing any thread with your negative waffle?
And i am all for a good old fashioned heated debate about pros and cons of our loss making footy club, but all you do is slag anyone in a senior position at our club by saying they are asset strippers, or only here to line their pockets...
We have no assets, and believe it or not what we did have were sold long before Mr Brady came on board. He is a successful businessman albeit not in the football industry but in business.

We will be juggling bouncing cheques and paying who we can or can't for the next few years there is nothing you or i can do about that..

Trust me i would love a rich Russian to buy the club . write off our debt, build our shiny new stadium and bank roll our march to the champions league, don't think its going to happen in my lifetime though and im only 36.

My reaction to you was a little ott and i apologise but i just find the constant easy negative spin towards the club by people tiresome, its not a knock at you !
I am happy as a pig in **** that we are in 9th and in a position to maybe push on again, but it would be easy for me to moan about the tit that owns our club but i wont i cant change the owners but i can support the lads and manager. I would rather be in our position than Stockports !

I love the Prague City Circus too.

Didn't mention the transfer embargo or the fact that the players were paid for the first time this year - today.

Don't trust him, he's an asset stripper here to take us down to the bare bones - smoke and mirrors with this spiv - he might sound good on the radio but behind the scenes it's a disaster.

Did he mentioned bounced cheques, no. Did he mentioned two further winding up orders, no etc..............just says what the gullible want to hear.

Totally agree with you sadly.

Back