• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

The Supporter's Group have a meeting Tuesday evening with the Police Liaison Officer , Dave Jobson and Danny Macklin from the club

Cockle43 and I will be representing the Zone.

The club want to increase attendances to 8000+ for home games and I would like suggestions from our members to take to the meeting.

Please post any ideas of how the club could increase crowds next season up to 8000 average.

The Supporter's Group have a meeting Tuesday evening with the Police Liaison Officer , Dave Jobson and Danny Macklin from the club

The club want to increase attendances to 8000+ for home games and I would like suggestions from our members to take to the meeting.

Please post any ideas of how the club could increase crowds next season up to 8000 average.
sack Phil brown and get a manager who plays an exciting brand of football?
reduce prices

Get in a manager who plays attractive attacking football to start with

Think they will be looking for volunteers who would be happy to go out and leaflet, particularly with the new estate planned on the old Ecko/Access site. Might be worth people considering if they would be happy to do this on behalf of the club.

Just a few random thoughts over the last few weeks :

1) Use the South Lower for schools and kids for a quid, every home match
2) Do block tickets (3 for 2) or even (4 for 2) so you can buy a bulk ticket, especially for less attractive games next season. So say Bolton*, Northampton, Accrington, Scunthorpe. Have those tickets as a package £50.00 for 4 matches or £40.00 for 3 matches maybe.
3) Maybe a few more Friday night matches, if the league allows
4) Season card prices to include cup games

I'll be back if I can think of any more.

*Just in case Gaz_bwfc is looking in! :winking:

Give out free tickets to schools and reward horrible little tykes with tickets rather than community service.

If not then get the team to play with passion and pride and be more attack minded. I for one wouldn't mind losing every now and then if we actually tried going forward

Think they will be looking for volunteers who would be happy to go out and leaflet, particularly with the new estate planned on the old Ecko/Access site. Might be worth people considering if they would be happy to do this on behalf of the club.

After the last few games make the players do it as a punishment.

Win more games? Seriously though I think giving free (or hugely discounted) tickets to local schools/youth football teams might help, let's get them hooked while they're too young to know better!

Just a few random thoughts over the last few weeks :

1) Use the South Lower for schools and kids for a quid, every home match
2) Do block tickets (3 for 2) or even (4 for 2) so you can buy a bulk ticket, especially for less attractive games next season. So say Bolton*, Northampton, Accrington, Scunthorpe. Have those tickets as a package £50.00 for 4 matches or £40.00 for 3 matches maybe.
3) Maybe a few more Friday night matches, if the league allows
4) Season card prices to include cup games

I'll be back if I can think of any more.

*Just in case Gaz_bwfc is looking in! :winking:

As above:

Also they need to get the match day expierence better including the facilities (although I know this is not going to happen until we move onto the promised land) - not pleasant to say the least.

Guys, we have to recognise that "on" the pitch is beyond our control It's stuff we CAN change, and we have already put forward that, to keep kids interested, we need to have refreshments more easily available. Also,I thought the face-painters we had recently were excellent, so doing this kind of stuff keeps kids interested. I've already said this to both Steve Kavanagh and Danny Macklin.

As above:

Also they need to get the match day expierence better including the facilities (although I know this is not going to happen until we move onto the promised land) - not pleasant to say the least.

Your loos flush now, what else do you want?:smile:

Guys, we have to recognise that "on" the pitch is beyond our control It's stuff we CAN change, and we have already put forward that, to keep kids interested, we need to have refreshments more easily available. Also,I thought the face-painters we had recently were excellent, so doing this kind of stuff keeps kids interested. I've already said this to both Steve Kavanagh and Danny Macklin.

Might as well call our meeting off then.

i think the best idea is to just try and get more kids involved. I know someone who took his son and now begs him to go more often. Get them into it while they are young.

Personally though I wouldnt want to take any people I know as the football is so dire

Wasn't this a ploy used years ago called 8 through the gate?

Why ask a supporters group, when employing staff for this role, if not good enough get someone in to do the job

Back