• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tax dosent have to be taxing??? Help ???

DTS

The Business
Evenning,

Time for my annual **** I have only got 3 days left to do my tax return post.

Not even started mine yet I am too busy trying to do the wives.

She carried forward a loss of £1253 from last year. This year on paper after the 10% furnished relief she lost approx £500 from the rental of property.

Her only other benefit is life cover via work at £900 odd £.

So why the hell after making a loss on paper does she owe £753. Anyone know where I might have gone wrong. Been on this ******* for hours?

Cheers
DtS

The loss from the property rental can not be set against other income.

If she is showing a liability then probably insufficient tax deducted at source by work - HMRC have had a lot of problems lately getting tax codes right. Alternatively you have ****** it up.

Shrimperzone special - if it would help I can talk through last minute tax return problems either tomorrow afternoon or monday morning. pm me a contact number.

Almost certainly what blue David said. And it is ****ing taxing, I am skint this morning!!!

What is the criteria for filling these in? Does everyone over 18 have to? Or is it only if you have additional income and benefits as opposed to your income, in respective of which Income Tax and NI is deducted at sourse?

I think if you have any income(s) that isn't PAYE'd by your employer then you have to fill one in. That's my simple understanding anyway. I'm pretty sure if you have 2 part time PAYE'd jobs then you wouldn't need to fill one in, for example (but you'd need to check your Tax Code is correct).

Evenning,

She carried forward a loss of £1253 from last year. This year on paper after the 10% furnished relief she lost approx £500 from the rental of property.

So why the hell after making a loss on paper does she owe £753. Anyone know where I might have gone wrong. Been on this ******* for hours?

Cheers
DtS

DtS

1. That sounds like some serious constipation.
2. I'd suggest this is no time for sexual bragging (and how many wives do you have?) and you should consult a financial advisor asap. If you find a good one (financial advisor and/or wife) feel free to point them in my direction....

Regards,
YB

Evenning,

Cheers
DtS

Blimey. How many have you got?

Blue David -

Thanks a lot mate for this. It was a massive help altough sadly the *******s have just cleared the wife out. (No sexual jokes please).

I am going to attempt mine tonight so I might drop you a line. Thanks for the tips though really helped me.

Back