• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tax us more,say wealthy Europeans

Same old stuff though Barna. The bloke earning more already pays more in monetary terms and then has to pay more at a higher rate. The current system is unfair on higher rate tax payers.
Increase the basic rate of tax and get rid of the top rate so everyone pays at the same rate. The poor are used to being poor, so being a bit poorer won’t hurt them.

Increase the basic rate of tax and get rid of the top rate so everyone pays at the same rate. The poor are used to being poor, so being a bit poorer won’t hurt them.

Do that and the recent riots will look like a street party in comparison.

The super rich will just take their money offshore as they have always done. I say tax the MPs a higher rate on their additional jobs/title/roles/boardships etc!

The super rich will just take their money offshore as they have always done. I say tax the MPs a higher rate on their additional jobs/title/roles/boardships etc!
That is only 650 people though, whilst it would give Joe Public a warm glow it won't raise very much money. I doubt that more than a couple would even be in the top 650 richest people in the UK.

Do that and the recent riots will look like a street party in comparison.

I was kidding MK. Wouldnt mater though, we could just build more prisons.

The obvious answer is to increase tax on luxury goods so the people who can afford more have to spend more.

Same old stuff though Barna. The bloke earning more already pays more in monetary terms and then has to pay more at a higher rate. The current system is unfair on higher rate tax payers.

"Why don't we just club 'em to death and get it over with?" - Lou Reed

In this country I think the govt should introduce a wealth tax on guardian and independent readers as they are generally in favour of paying more tax and also richer than most people.

I'd like to see OAP benefits means tested.

I'd also like to see severe penalties for retired pensioners who go shopping at weekends to buy a packet of biscuits an a box of te - especially if they are wearing a tie.

Morrisons in Hadleigh was full of the selfish ****ers on Saturday meaning I had to queue for fifteen minutes.

Why should there be a wealth tax? I already pay a ridiculous amount of tax on earnings that have created any wealth i have, on returns from that wealth, and my estate will pay iht when i go. Ridiculous idea, and will lead to people exploiting loopholes.

Why should there be a wealth tax? I already pay a ridiculous amount of tax on earnings that have created any wealth i have, on returns from that wealth, and my estate will pay iht when i go. Ridiculous idea, and will lead to people exploiting loopholes.

Have a look at these arguments in favour of a wealth tax from WIKI.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_tax

Back