• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought Williams was quite effective in the first half...second half he was woeful, worst left back performance for a long time.

Corr was lethargic today, very slow on the ball.

The final third is like a massive problem for us...no tempo...no cohesion...no cutting edge...no idea

Harsh on Williams.Probably on Shaq too.

Harsh on Williams? Have you seen him play. He is possibly the worse left back I've seen for years. Ambles forward with little control of the ball, makes little attempt to get back leaving huge holes at the back, his positioning is woeful and by the 70 minute he has no stamina. Can not wait for Coker to get back.

Still a few on here saying look we are still 7th lay off brown ,ok then let's wait until end of March then have a chat about it then

Harsh on Williams? Have you seen him play. He is possibly the worse left back I've seen for years. Ambles forward with little control of the ball, makes little attempt to get back leaving huge holes at the back, his positioning is woeful and by the 70 minute he has no stamina. Can not wait for Coker to get back.

To be fair, Williams showed skill today on a couple of occasions and got in good positions during the 1st half. I don't see any point at all in giving young players out getting league experience a hard time. Bottom line is that they are playing to Brown's instructions. Blame him and the other coaching staff by all means, but these young players are still learning.

You say that every week no matter how he plays
Won the penalty today didn't he?

To be fair, Williams showed skill today on a couple of occasions and got in good positions during the 1st half. I don't see any point at all in giving young players out getting league experience a hard time. Bottom line is that they are playing to Brown's instructions. Blame him and the other coaching staff by all means, but these young players are still learning.

Won the penalty today didn't he?

He won a penalty but he is paid for his defensive duties. Kicked out at the number 9 got booked andN was run ragged as was the rest of the back four. Not good enough

Yup. Saw his debut against Pompey.

He'll go a lot further in the game than Coker will.

He won a penalty but he is paid for his defensive duties. Kicked out at the number 9 got booked andN was run ragged as was the rest of the back four. Not good enough
He's not captain material anymore - Prosser, Leonard, Timlin, Corr, Bentley all would do better imo.

Yup. Saw his debut against Pompey.

He'll go a lot further in the game than Coker will.

No chance mate, the guy is a liability. My son is 10 and shows better positional awareness. Can't believe that we have two players on loan from prem clubs that can be so poor. May not entirely be their fault, possibly affected by having instructions from a totally clueless manager.

No chance mate, the guy is a liability. My son is 10 and shows better positional awareness. Can't believe that we have two players on loan from prem clubs that can be so poor. May not entirely be their fault, possibly affected by having instructions from a totally clueless manager.

You clearly don't know an athlete when you see one.

With good coaching (back at Palace) he'll pick up the postitional awareness he needs.

(ps I think Shaq has a lot of potential too).

Not Brown this time (all thought he needs to go)

jerome williams

shaq coulthirst

What have they done???? nothing. Send them home now.

Williams was rubbish but to be fair Timlin gave him no cover, If you're playing on the left stay there, Timlin was drifting all over the place, though surely it's Brown's job to correct this early on? Coulthirst - I'm still not sure, showed with the goal against Pompey that has some quality but needs to pay part of 2 up. Why bring him on with Payne an effectively play him up front on his own?

Agree with this to a point, though his final ball is always poor. As you say he is young and I'm sure he'll end up being a decent player but I do feel we're missing Coker massively at present.

Back