• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Taxman seeks temporary Admin

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
The Taxman has changed tactics in a bid to get Southend United to settle it's debts...In it's latest High Court claim HM Revenue and Customs has applied to put the club into temporary administration over unpaid tax debts of 200k.

The application differs from previous attempts to wind the club up and would open Blues to independent financial scrutiny by administrators and lay bare the club's finances.

The Blues announced that it had appointed new manager Paul Sturrock and assistant Tommy Widdrington yesterday, but if the club is put into administration their contracts would be invalid.

Sturrock and Widdrington are expected to sign contracts within the next few days.

Crucially HM Revenue and Customs has applied for an interim administration order against the club over unpaid tax from April and May this year.

IMO, RM will pay this bill faster than you can say Tilly's out....

I still dont understand why they had the press conference yesterday when them two havent even signed contracts yet. Not right to me.
as has been mentioned by others, it probably isn't a big deal and is just a formality.

I still dont understand why they had the press conference yesterday when them two havent even signed contracts yet. Not right to me.

They could hardly start work without it being announced and they're ready to start work, so why let the paperwork hold things up?

What would peoples opinion be, if say, the consortium did take control if we went into admin, would you want Tilly back? Or is it time for change?

Pretty obvious really, Ron needed to quickly put out the fire that Tilly's departure started.

Do you think that Sundays announcement would have been made if he hadn't got Mondays all lined up ?

Sundays sacking of Tilly was because Sturrock was being announced on Monday, not vice versa

I guess that because Sturrock has had a few clubs, it's taking time to chase up all the references!

Do you think that Sundays announcement would have been made if he hadn't got Mondays all lined up ?

Sundays sacking of Tilly was because Sturrock was being announced on Monday, not vice versa

I agree. Otherwise RM did pretty well at such short notice huh?
Sunday was a good day to break the news of Tilson's departure with the new appointment already scheduled and indeed hinted at in the final sentence of the announcement.

Last edited:
The Taxman has changed tactics in a bid to get Southend United to settle it's debts...In it's latest High Court claim HM Revenue and Customs has applied to put the club into temporary administration over unpaid tax debts of 200k.

The application differs from previous attempts to wind the club up and would open Blues to independent financial scrutiny by administrators and lay bare the club's finances.

The Blues announced that it had appointed new manager Paul Sturrock and assistant Tommy Widdrington yesterday, but if the club is put into administration their contracts would be invalid.

Sturrock and Widdrington are expected to sign contracts within the next few days.

Crucially HM Revenue and Customs has applied for an interim administration order against the club over unpaid tax from April and May this year.

IMO, RM will pay this bill faster than you can say Tilly's out....

I wouldn't worry, Ron's hardly going to let this happen.

Back