• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Taylor Curran

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Has signed a 3 year extension to his contract at Swindon and seems to be very highly rated by them there. Handful of first team appearances this season but seems next season could be a big one for him.

We didn’t seem to bothered about letting him go. Wonder why we didn’t try and hold onto him.

We didn’t seem to bothered about letting him go. Wonder why we didn’t try and hold onto him.

Look up the Taylor Curran to Swindon thread....I did post a possible reason but it was just a guess.

As I think Rigsby could be alluding to, his pace off the mark isn't great, but would be interesting to see something of him at first-team level. There have been slow defenders with his build who have gone on to have very good careers.

Rumours at Swindon that his dad is donating money to the club regularly. You can imagine the conclusions that has led to given his poor form of late.

At the weekend he ended up in a punch-up on the bench with another Swindon sub.

Then last night he came on up-front to score in the derby with Oxford (albeit a consolation goal to make it 2-1).

Rumours at Swindon that his dad is donating money to the club regularly. You can imagine the conclusions that has led to given his poor form of late.

Then last night he came on up-front to score in the derby with Oxford (albeit a consolation goal to make it 2-1).

I've been hearing about this. Swindon fans on twitter saying that his dad is pretty much paying his contract. But I couldn't tell if it was tongue in cheek or not. What a bizarre situation.

But having mates who played in academies and trialled myself, I know what "football dads" can be like...

I've been hearing about this. Swindon fans on twitter saying that his dad is pretty much paying his contract. But I couldn't tell if it was tongue in cheek or not. What a bizarre situation.

But having mates who played in academies and trialled myself, I know what "football dads" can be like...

I refuse to believe anyone actually paid for Blair Sturrock's contract.

You and me both. I have heard though that if Blair behaved himself at training, Luggy would take him down the seafront to have a Rossi's Ice cream and donuts...

Talking of Blair, is he still based in Canada? Would be a cool guest for the Custard Splat pod @FarmdogSUFC @Ayrshire Blue
He is one we'd like on. I personally thought he was harshly treated by a lot of fans. He was nowhere near as bad as some made out to be. Not saying he was a world beater but he gave a good shift and helped relieve the team of a lot of pressure when we needed it.

There's certainly one story about training that I wouldn't mind hearing again, although I'm not sure he'd want that broadcast :Hilarious:

Back to Cullen, I actually thought he looked to have a bit about him when I saw him in a friendly before, bit of a swagger. Didn't expect him to be playing a league above us mind you

Still on the bench today...along with...surprise,surprise Jack Payne.

An appearance in this article of the disaster at Swindon
https://theathletic.com/2735870/202...-the-complete-utter-shambles-of-swindon-town/ ($)
Supporters were apparently baffled why he was constantly in the match day squad (63 times he was an unused substitute!)

Hinting at the rumours manor15 reported

Also bonus mention of other ex-Shrimpers Anthony Grant (answering an S-O-S to return. Obviously compared to 2010 when he was one of 3 pros, being one of 9 under contract is a luxury); caretaker manaager Steve Mildenhall and Jack Payne.

Taylor Curran’s dad is apparently now trying to buy Rochdale, more allegations about his time at Swindon

E9AEF4B7-C79A-4F82-94D3-15F2D850084E.jpeg

Back