• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Posted this comment on the thread about whether TBV should be in the East or the West but no-one picked up on it so am re-posting it. I really think it's something worth thinking about -

Just a thought on last night, I wonder if it is worth asking the club if they will reserve a section - preferably back of the Yellows or Blues - as unreserved seating for TBV when we have restricted opening? Personally, I think the atmosphere last night went against us as there was little attempt to make any noise much above a whisper for quite a long period of the match.

A great point. Atmosphere was poor last night as we were all scattered around.

A great point. Atmosphere was poor last night as we were all scattered around.

Exactly, whereas if there was a secured area people could buy their tickets in it and generate the kind of support we should have at home. It was, frankly, embarrassing at time last night. Dunno who the guy was in the white the Yeovil lot were picking on, is he on here does anyone know?

Good idea ! People tried at different times, in different places to get something going but ..... Being out shouted by 20 Yeovil plus a candle. Not good.

The only problem is that there are no spare blocks in the East. The yellows are used and the Blue seats are usualy for the players families and other comp tickets.

The only problem is that there are no spare blocks in the East. The yellows are used and the Blue seats are usualy for the players families and other comp tickets.

That's what I mean though, they will have to accommodate them and keep tickets off sale to the general public unless specifically requested. We were in the Blues last night and there were absolutely loads of empty seats in both Blues blocks and the Yellows nearest. All it would take is a little fore-thought and organisation.

Posted this comment on the thread about whether TBV should be in the East or the West but no-one picked up on it so am re-posting it. I really think it's something worth thinking about -

Just a thought on last night, I wonder if it is worth asking the club if they will reserve a section - preferably back of the Yellows or Blues - as unreserved seating for TBV when we have restricted opening? Personally, I think the atmosphere last night went against us as there was little attempt to make any noise much above a whisper for quite a long period of the match.

But what you don't understand is when you have moments like last night and when you ask for the drum you get told no!!!

Sufc have to be willing to work with us

good idea, back of east yellows for me, good view plus the leg room is awful so suits people who will want to stand up and im sure scott we could get the drum in there by getting jay page to get it

At the end of the day it was a 1st round league cup, it's never going to be a great atmosphere. I didn't think it was that bad, there were a few 'Come on Southends' when we were pressurising in the 2nd half. Yeovil were impressive though, didn't stop singing. You can really hear the North Bank well in the East Stand. Not liking this trend of smoke bombs, though, trying to be like Ultras.

At the end of the day it was a 1st round league cup, it's never going to be a great atmosphere. I didn't think it was that bad, there were a few 'Come on Southends' when we were pressurising in the 2nd half. Yeovil were impressive though, didn't stop singing. You can really hear the North Bank well in the East Stand. Not liking this trend of smoke bombs, though, trying to be like Ultras.
fact of football #nopyronoparty

For opening games of the cup when we are only given the East/South we always sit in the blue/yellow section and have done for years so surely people should know this

But what you don't understand is when you have moments like last night and when you ask for the drum you get told no!!!

Sufc have to be willing to work with us
I don't think you actually needed the drum though, I know it's normally a huge asset but you can cope without it for small matches.

For opening games of the cup when we are only given the East/South we always sit in the blue/yellow section and have done for years so surely people should know this
Didn't know that, and didn't particularly notice a group of "singing section"?

They were not going to allow the drum in as there was no allocated section for TBV.

The last thing people would have wanted was to buy a ticket for the game and then have somebody sit next to them banging a drum all game.

They were not going to allow the drum in as there was no allocated section for TBV.

The last thing people would have wanted was to buy a ticket for the game and then have somebody sit next to them banging a drum all game.

Yeah **** atmosphere **** Europe **** passion

Lets all sit on our hands and pretend we are in a library

RIP English football

Definately need to sort something out.Why not open the other half of the North bank via Faifax rd entrance instead of the South.

Back