• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
When I got in the ground yesterday about 2.20ish there was a long queue for food and drink, but they had also opened a tea bar at the back of X block which was very quiet. However when people in W block tried to go to this tea bar they were turned back by the stewards as their tickets weren't valid for X. It was all very silly but we can understand the logic.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have this tea bar open for all matches, extra revenue etc?

Not sure. It's extra revenue if people spend more but not if it simply "diverts" customers from one outlet to another.

Or have I misunderstood? I don't think I have been in the West Stand for years and years ..... never the same once the seats arrived.

It's only for use when X block is in use. Raised this before when we've had a sold out match and it is restricted to just those in that block. Does seem mad when the normal tea bar was snowed under like yesterday.

Not sure. It's extra revenue if people spend more but not if it simply "diverts" customers from one outlet to another.

Or have I misunderstood? I don't think I have been in the West Stand for years and years ..... never the same once the seats arrived.

I think many, myself included, don't bother because the queues are too long.

I had a lovely cold steak and kidney pie yesterday,once again totally overwhelmed when we have a big crowd,please sort it out it really isn't good enough.(I still scoffed the pie):thumbdown:

How do you think we feel in the south, full house and we've got no teabar! We have to join the mass queues in the family stand I'm the west :angry:

When I got in the ground yesterday about 2.20ish there was a long queue for food and drink, but they had also opened a tea bar at the back of X block which was very quiet. However when people in W block tried to go to this tea bar they were turned back by the stewards as their tickets weren't valid for X. It was all very silly but we can understand the logic.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have this tea bar open for all matches, extra revenue etc?

looked like an accident waiting to happen with tea bar roof yesterday. surprised no one smacked their head on to it.
agree though pete. more would use the facilities if more were open to all.

How do you think we feel in the south, full house and we've got no teabar! We have to join the mass queues in the family stand I'm the west :angry:

Isn't there a food and drinks bar at the south east end on the lower level by the main gate that side as well?

There's one in the South Upper that they stopped using a long time ago. Would have been ideal yesterday as I know people who queued right through the half tome break and didn't get anywhere near the front of the queue

It goes back to the old (new ground) debate doesn't it. RH just doesn't have the facilities to cater for larger crowds, saying that, it can't cope with our season average of 7,000.

Football has changed over the years and supporters want better facilities than years ago. All new grounds have big concourse area's now with several different outlets that cater different items depending on what the supporter wants, thus the queues are shorter.

I think many, myself included, don't bother because the queues are too long.

Yes, agreed. Me & my son usually buy something, but don't bother when there's a big crowd because of the queues.
Ought to be possible to put on some extra catering when pre match ticket sales exceed a certain figure and get some extra revenue ?

There's one in the South Upper that they stopped using a long time ago. Would have been ideal yesterday as I know people who queued right through the half tome break and didn't get anywhere near the front of the queue

That was the one closed due to H&S concerns wasn't it? I don't see an issue in them having a berco and some chocolate bars surely?

Re: The west stand kiosk and more specifically the cafe style seating to the right of it. Ive never seen the point of it, hardly anyone sits in there, or even goes in there (other than to check the half time scores on the TV). Most people, once they recieve their food or drink, either head straight back to their seats or head out to the open air bit behind to chat with their mates or have a sneeky smoke.

Purely a revenue perspective, Ive always thought it would make more sense to use that space more wisely in the short window of Half time, by closing the Cafe and extending the counter to double its current size, thus giving more space for cooking / tea making facilities etc, yes it would probably require 2 more staff and the intial outlay of more equipment, but i think it would pay for itself in the short term.

Also from a fans perspective, it would mean we dont have to leave our seats in the 40th minute in order to get a burger and a cuppa without missing the beginning of the 2nd half.

What I did notice yesterday, as we left the car park behind the North Bank, is that there was a mobile refreshment stall at the back of the stand. I assume this was there with permission, and if so, I think it was a great idea for the travelling fans. Keep it simple for them inside with drinks and snacks but burgers and that outside. Makes good sense to me as long as it's advertised to them.

That was the one closed due to H&S concerns wasn't it? I don't see an issue in them having a berco and some chocolate bars surely?

No idea what H&S concerns there would be. They didn't cook food there from what I remember, just hot and cold drinks, chocolate bars and warmed up pies

Any improvements that require money being spent is a definite no-no.

I tried over the years to get SU tea bar opened to no avail.

No idea what H&S concerns there would be. They didn't cook food there from what I remember, just hot and cold drinks, chocolate bars and warmed up pies

Basically, it involved using electricity therefore it's not possible. I do wonder if it might be possible to sell bottled soft drinks and snacks from there, will follow that one up.

From what you have said in terms of the food & drinks provided, being an ex departmental H&S manager for an international hotel chain, I can only guess it was a surprise visit from the local H&S inspectors, not a planned one obviously, otherwise they would have been on it and given the kiosk a spring clean.

Im guessing, in order to shut it down it would have been slightly to do with the cleanliness, and most likely the heating of the pies being un-sufficiant, or possibly vermin droppings were found also? especially if food was stored there (especially where chocolate is lying around).
To be fair, it's very common in all sports stadiums as there is a food to be found either on the terraces or elsewhere, and they get left alone for 6 days a week. Personally im just surprised that they didnt re-open it, as when the H&S officers pick up on their issues, (they kind of give you a yellow card so to speak & give the business 6 weeks to recitfy the issues before there return to check). Im guessing the club shut it down through their own choice.

I hope i didnt put you off your Sunday Roast :smile:

And in no way, am i suggesting this is the case in terms any of Roots hall's outlets. It's more likely it wasnt profitable.

The main bar in the East was operating on a "one out one in" as it was rammed. As other have posted our poor old ground is creaking and groaning in its old and tired age.

Back