• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tea or Coffee

Tea or

• Coffee including all that new fandangled name for it.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I drink the cats water

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • TEA

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters
Love the smell of coffee could sniff it all day long but just cannot get on with it. I’ve tried all different types but just don’t like it.

For me it’s tea all the way. My parents use proper tea leaves in a tea pot and it’s the best way to have a good brew. Yorkshire Tea is by far the best.
I'm the same, love the smell and even love coffee flavoured stuff like coffee cake and coffee cream chocolates, but don't like the drink. Don't do tea either, Ribena for me

Good move. Caffeine is a stimulant as we know and has half life of 6 hours!

That's why I have my last about 3pm. I can suffer from insomnia, so I ain't risking it. In my youth I drunk it up to the time I went to bed and had no side effects.

No tea after 6pm or else it'll be multiple visits to the khazi during the wee small hours. Wonder if that's where the expression comes from..... :Smile2:

Tea (Builders style) all the way. A pot full (3 cups) with breakfast and then when I fancy it during the day. I drink 2-3 coffees a week.

Usually two cups of coffee in a morning and that's my lot for the day, cut back on medical advice. Absolutely detest tea.

Also tea goes through me like anything. I may as well just pour it down the loo and cut out the middle man.

A nice, delicate Darjeeling liberally laced with ketamine makes the day start with a yell. Usually me realizing I am totally separated from any sense of self or reality.

Orange Juice and a cup of strong black tea to start the day.Then a large black coffee and a cereal bar followed by a second black coffee later on in the morning.Don't take sugar or milk and can't stand instant coffee.
When I go to Spain I never fail to have a decent cup of real coffee nice and strong,lovely.

As others have said, I also love the smell of roasting coffee (up there with the lovely smell of freshly baked bread)...however i cant stand drinking it, absouletly disgusting, i hate the flavour and always feel bloated afterwards. Never liked it when i was a kid, & to be honest i cant really recall the last time i had a cup of coffee, it has to be at least a couple of years ago.

Give me a good old cup of tea all day long, perferbably a proper old fashioned strong brew, the kind you get in one of those old fashioned metal tea urns in a classic greasy spoon cafe (none of that weak slightly p1ss coloured hot water you get in Costa or Starbucks, that normally requires about 3 teabags and about 5 minutes of frantic stirring to get it to even slightly resemble a cup of tea).

Last edited:
Back