• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teacher Training Days...

I think you're mistaking training days for working days, young Mr. C. Every day's a day of learning for us simple Vange folk.

I think True Blue has a point too. He can't take all the blame for his level of intelligence surely?

No, but that'll be private school not state education at the formative stage. Primary school teachers have to teach across the whole curriculum, they're bound to have some areas of weakness. Quite often it's spelling, sometimes it's understanding the way maths is taught these days (grid multiplication anyone?). In my experience they do a good job and work bloody hard.

No, but that'll be private school not state education at the formative stage. Primary school teachers have to teach across the whole curriculum, they're bound to have some areas of weakness. Quite often it's spelling, sometimes it's understanding the way maths is taught these days (grid multiplication anyone?). In my experience they do a good job and work bloody hard.

I had a private education

I once had a private education. Fortunately that teacher is still in jail so luckily I'm not too scarred by it. Although I do still flinch when I see anyone with a plug in their hand.

Teachers - no real talent and in all honesty no real knowledge either very rare have I come across a teacher that knows his/her stuff most are there just to keep the peace and teach whats written in a sodding book that's not teaching that's PREACHING

I've got an MA from Cambridge in Theology and Religious Studies and I am studying for a further MA in Catholic School LEadership. I'd hope that puts me into your 'rare' category TB. ;)

I've got an MA from Cambridge in Theology and Religious Studies and I am studying for a further MA in Catholic School LEadership. I'd hope that puts me into your 'rare' category TB. ;)

Theologians 2 a penny mate stretching from here to Demaschus ;)

TB is right mind there are a good many poeple who cant bring across the subject , so a good teacher should be an expert in their field , an actor/entertainer and fine orator all in one. T hats not to difficult to find (im sure there are loads who have been fast tracked on the government's 6 month scheme for redundant city workers ;) )

Teaching has to be one of the hardest professions out there. I applaud anyone who can do it successfully.

One of the problems is that the vast majority of children just aren't interested in school or learning and don't apply themslves. In later years they use the argument that they didn't get the qualifications they should because teachers weren't able to inspire them. In actual fact the student couldn't be arsed in studying because it was 'boring'.

I was 'lucky' that many of my teachers taught through fear. I was absolutely terrified of my maths teacher. I listened in class and did my homework just because it wasnt worth the bollocking I'd get for not doing it. I know fear doesn't work for everyone but it got me the exam results I needed to get to University.

TB is right mind there are a good many poeple who cant bring across the subject , so a good teacher should be an expert in their field , an actor/entertainer and fine orator all in one.

Pretty much summed it up there Osy and how many people are there in the world who can do all of these things successfully.

Most professions require one or maybe 2 of the skillsets you have described, to be able to do all three is the work of a very talented individual. There aren't too many of those about unfortunately. Many of the people who can do all 3 give teaching a wide birth anyway due to the workload to reward ratio.

Last edited:
Back