• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teacher Training Days...

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
are well boring. I'm the only one from my department to turn up today, ive listened to students who have been whinging about the other 2 not turning up today and how pants they are and given train directions to 2 students who are off to Gillingham on Monday. And I havent been taught anything today either....

Roll on 3.10 then its party time....

surely you should be just getting excited for the inevitable doss weeks you have off!

Would rather have had a teacher training day than what I've had to endure today Hils!

so are you saying teachers do not receive any training on teacher training days?

are well boring. I'm the only one from my department to turn up today, ive listened to students who have been whinging about the other 2 not turning up today and how pants they are and given train directions to 2 students who are off to Gillingham on Monday. And I havent been taught anything today either....

Roll on 3.10 then its party time....

Feck me, you spent all those years at uni etc and you still need more training. No wonder kids today are so thick :whistling:

On the same topic, who trains teachers on teacher training days? Maybe they are the ones that should be teaching the kids, then you wouldn't need teacher training days.

so are you saying teachers do not receive any training on teacher training days?

In most cases they do, at least for part of the day. I know that some schools combine training in specific areas, for instance, Maths and that it might not be appropriate for all staff to attend as those attending can pass the information learned on. Non attending staff might be involved in other necessary school work, particularly with the constant revising of requirements under the Ofsted framework, and therefore the constant need to re-evaluate the performance of its pupils.

And please don't start on about the amount of time that teachers get off. Unless you're involved in education you really have no idea of what they have to do outside of the actual teaching time. Our staff are regularly in before half past 7 and don't leave till gone 6, taking plenty of work home and I know in many cases not stopping until gone 10 o'clock.

On the same topic, who trains teachers on teacher training days? Maybe they are the ones that should be teaching the kids, then you wouldn't need teacher training days.

Have a think about what you're saying! These are people paid far too much money to actually teach kids!!! They often have very little concept of what teaching is actually about!

In most cases they do, at least for part of the day. I know that some schools combine training in specific areas, for instance, Maths and that it might not be appropriate for all staff to attend as those attending can pass the information learned on. Non attending staff might be involved in other necessary school work, particularly with the constant revising of requirements under the Ofsted framework, and therefore the constant need to re-evaluate the performance of its pupils.

And please don't start on about the amount of time that teachers get off. Unless you're involved in education you really have no idea of what they have to do outside of the actual teaching time. Our staff are regularly in before half past 7 and don't leave till gone 6, taking plenty of work home and I know in many cases not stopping until gone 10 o'clock.

Have a think about what you're saying! These are people paid far too much money to actually teach kids!!! They often have very little concept of what teaching is actually about!

Wind your neck in...was I being serious or just looking at everyday situations and looking at them from a different slant for a laugh

Old women have no sense of humour

OBL obviously has sense of humour then. She just looks at age from a different slant and has a laugh about it.

Well, you should know! You make me laugh often enough! I just really object to people having a go at teachers for the training days, these 5 days I believe, used to be part of the allocated school holidays but have now become a requirement.

We're also forced into one in many schools because of schools being used as polling stations on an annual basis. Just try booking training on those days, everything is snapped up very quickly!

I always thought teacher training day was whenever vange shrimper came on here asking questions

INSET days could be good but rarely are....

As long as you get a chance to do all those jobs you can't while the kids are in, it's all okay :)

INSET days could be good but rarely are....

As long as you get a chance to do all those jobs you can't while the kids are in, it's all okay :)

Teachers - no real talent and in all honesty no real knowledge either very rare have I come across a teacher that knows his/her stuff most are there just to keep the peace and teach whats written in a sodding book that's not teaching that's PREACHING

Back