• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hell no thanks,just wondered if its only 1 day why they dont do it before school re-opens,not a slur on yourself.
They do, technically, which is why Essex gives a starting date after a non pupil day in September. Had they not done last year, we'd actually have been back to school on 31st August!!!

I believe all our teachers worked in school for at least a week of the summer hols in preparation. There were several moving classrooms and there was a massive overhaul of storage so there was tons to do.

They do, technically, which is why Essex gives a starting date after a non pupil day in September. Had they not done last year, we'd actually have been back to school on 31st August!!!

I believe all our teachers worked in school for at least a week of the summer hols in preparation. There were several moving classrooms and there was a massive overhaul of storage so there was tons to do.
How Horrible, only 5 consecutive weeks off! And a whole 6 weeks until your next week off. Outrageous.

Why don't you strike over it?

I asked my 7 yr old son how many helpers he has in his class and he said none just the teacher on his own.Now this year in his class room there are 3 classes with 1 teacher for all 3 classes,ok there are only 20 kids between those 3 classes but no ta or lsd,s or whatever they are.Failing kids re-do the year and this can be done a maxium of 3 times in little school.

I asked my 7 yr old son how many helpers he has in his class and he said none just the teacher on his own.Now this year in his class room there are 3 classes with 1 teacher for all 3 classes,ok there are only 20 kids between those 3 classes but no ta or lsd,s or whatever they are.Failing kids re-do the year and this can be done a maxium of 3 times in little school.

But that's the good old fashioned French system you're talking about Tony.And guess what, it works like a charm too.

Back