• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
The players that have left can hardly be called first choice selections for the coming season.

My line up would be a 4 4 2 as PS favors.

At the back SC, a fit and injury free MP and Barks, (both have played since christmas when others might have wanted to rest) and either Gilbers or young Alex Woodyard as he did well when he played in 2010.
In the middle Grant and Timlin with Martin and Hall on the flanks; and JPK, Leonard and Kane on bench/replacements.
Up top has got to be Bomber and Bilel; with Benyon and Barry Barry Corr as subs for them.

We obviously need an experienced GK who comes for crosses and have young Bentley who has shown growing skills in reserves.

A pay/play/goals deal for Freddy would be great, a strong midfielder aka Peter Butler or David Martin & a non nonsense defender is, I suggest required.

I haven't mentioned Dailley yet and there maybe a place for him if he can play anywhere at Div 4 level. He keeps himself fit and is an experienced pro, he is a UK Athletics coach so I expect he can get the squad better at lasting the full 96 minutes of each game. We have been shown the need to be fitter by Swindon this year and Stevenage in the year before. We conceded too many late goals....

I have to say I don't think that team would finish near the play-offs probably more mid table IMHO.

The players that have left can hardly be called first choice selections for the coming season.

My line up would be a 4 4 2 as PS favors.

At the back SC, a fit and injury free MP and Barks, (both have played since christmas when others might have wanted to rest) and either Gilbers or young Alex Woodyard as he did well when he played in 2010.
In the middle Grant and Timlin with Martin and Hall on the flanks; and JPK, Leonard and Kane on bench/replacements.
Up top has got to be Bomber and Bilel; with Benyon and Barry Barry Corr as subs for them.

We obviously need an experienced GK who comes for crosses and have young Bentley who has shown growing skills in reserves.

A pay/play/goals deal for Freddy would be great, a strong midfielder aka Peter Butler or David Martin & a non nonsense defender is, I suggest required.

I haven't mentioned Dailley yet and there maybe a place for him if he can play anywhere at Div 4 level. He keeps himself fit and is an experienced pro, he is a UK Athletics coach so I expect he can get the squad better at lasting the full 96 minutes of each game. We have been shown the need to be fitter by Swindon this year and Stevenage in the year before. We conceded too many late goals....

PS favours anything but 442, its only the last few home games he started playing it.

I'd like to see another first choice center back. Barker is getting older and his form dropped towards the later stage of the season, losing what pace he had. Prosser is not good enough for me as shown when he backed off an 18 year old Crewe player until he simply passed the ball into the inside post.

Luke Prosser has been released and I agree with your observation; he showed him inside not out, covered the near post and the ball went between his legs! Barks has been injured for too many months and hopefully he can get his mojo back over the summer.

(New Keeper)
Clohessy Phillips (New CB) Hills
Hall Grant Timlin Martin
Eastwood
Corr

That would be my ideal team although I fear a couple of them may leave.​

(New Keeper)
Clohessy Phillips (New CB) Hills
Hall Grant Timlin Martin
Eastwood
Corr

That would be my ideal team although I fear a couple of them may leave.​

I'd be disappointed if we didn't get a new winger just to challenge Martin and Hall to keep them on their game IMO.

Luke Prosser has been released and I agree with your observation; he showed him inside not out, covered the near post and the ball went between his legs! Barks has been injured for too many months and hopefully he can get his mojo back over the summer.

Am I missing something when was prosser released

For me, there has been something strange about the relationship between the club and the Evening Echo going back many, many years,

In the days when we were neck and neck with Cambridge, their local paper was adding extra pages to report on the promotions whilst The Echo did very little.

The club has now changed beyond all recognition .... but The Echo till seems to have a grudge to bear ...........

my team next year (with a bit of signings)

mccormick
clohessy
phillips
moshni
hills
hall
timlim
grant
martin
eastwood
tomlin

fair point, probably more a 4 4 1 1 formation and I think the home and away sides would vary.

Well we were playing 5 in midfield, 3 if you class Mohsni and Hall as wingers/forwards.

Think you are right with home/away formations. Saw it at the end of the season and think it will continue.

How that will affect how Eastwood would fit in when playing if he signs when we are away I dont know.

Two points....1. Woodyard is not a left back, he's a midfielder. Teddy Nesbitt was the left back at the same level and he has​ been released. 2. When was Prosser released? Not seen anything to even suggest that.

Back